Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Stitch Maynia Week 4

I surely meant to post my update about week 4 of Stitch Maynia/Sampler Maynia before now but better late than never.  Week 4 saw me starting Hannah Hammonds from GiGiR.  I had kitted this up years ago when this was a sampler of the month from The Attic.  I had the Attic's silk conversion.  Gorgeous fibers and the linen is a Lakeside.
Here is where I ended up with Hannah.  I have to admit, I just wasn't feeling her and ended up stitching on her just a few days instead of the whole week.  There are quite a lot of over 1 stitching of motifs on her and I guess my brain just wasn't having it.
 I was pretty sure I was going to send her to File 13 but when I got her out to take these photos, I'm not so sure now.  Time will tell.
My first Sampler Maynia/Stitch Maynia, done my own way, was a success!  I had a Zoom gathering each Friday with friends and started my sampler for the week during that call.  It was fun to see the progress everyone had made and what they were starting.  I'll definitely participate again - in my own way.  I can't see myself starting a ton of projects.  Four was enough of a stretch for me!

I'll be back soon with a sewing/quilting update!  I hope all your stitches are happy ones!

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hannah is looking beautiful, love the colors on that linen.
That basket is pretty.
I don't do Maynia.
I just cleared out a bunch of WIPS, so, no need to make more!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Hannah sampler is looking good; lovely thread and fabric combination. It sounded like your Maynia was a success to you and that really is all that matters.

Mary said...

I think Hannah is gorgeous! I love the colors, I hope you don't ax her from your rotation!

diamondc said...

Jackie: What a beautiful design Hanna is, I had to check it out thanks for the link.
You do have a bunch of stitch's already done, I am looking forward to seeing her finished.

Catherine

Mary's Thread said...

Wow those colors are scrumptious! I think you're off to a good start!

Carol said...

This is lovely, Jackie--and I'm with you on stitching multiple projects. I usually have one large and one small on the go at the same time. Any more drives me crazy :)

Marjo said...

Gorgeous stitching as always!