Sunday, May 17, 2020

Sampler Maynia Week 2

I'm going to try and update my Sampler/Stitch Maynia progress each week.  As a reminder, I am starting 4 samplers in May beginning May 1st and I will focus on stitching that sampler until the next new start a week later.

For week 2, I ended up selecting a sampler to stitch that was not in my initial plans.  I chose Mary Barres from Stacy Nash.  She's a big beautiful girl.  I'm using 40 count R&R Creme Brûlée and the called for Weeks Dye Works overdyed cottons.  Here is a terrible photo of how much I was able to stitch during the week.
                                     
The next two photos show a dilemma with one of the thread colors - specifically the Parchment color.  It's not showing very well on my linen.  There is a lower case alphabet using this color just under the upper case alphabet that is stitched in the rose colored thread.  Looking at the photo on the cover of the chart, this looks to be true to the antique.  I need to think some more about whether or not I'm going to keep the lower case alphabet as charted or make a change.  

If I make a change, what color would I change to?  Any ideas you'd like to share would be greatly appreciated!
My new start on Friday is Red Deer sampler by GigiR.  The border is unusual and beautiful.  The yellow so far seems to be a little out of place but I'm leaving it as it does seem to match what I see on IG on other posts about this sampler.  The linen color isn't photographing true to color and is probably more accurate in the 2nd photo.  It is 40 count Lakeside Linen Cedar Plank.  It's pretty easy to stitch on and Lakeside Linen is definitely my favorite linen.  I'm using the called for overdyed cotton on this from GAST.  I'm really enjoying this one!
      
Hopefully I can keep this up and be back next week with an update as to where I ended up with Red Deer and what I started next!  Hoping all your stitches are happy ones!

7 comments:

tonyamay said...

I like the pinks in Mary.........You've been stitching alot.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful choices--I have seen both completed. Me personally I think I would choose another color of floss on the Stacy Nash sampler

Marilyn said...

Beautful new starts!
I like the S Nash as is.
Marilyn

Mary said...

I would be terrified to make a change on such a large pattern. No help from me!! You have made great progress though!!

diamondc said...

Jackie: Your Sampler choices are lovely.
Is there another strip of stitching under the light alphabet? if so maybe it will show up after darker stitching is added.
If you do change colors I would go with something like Weeks Dirt Road, golden brown color very pretty.
Have a beautiful week.

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely samplers you have picked to work on during Sampler Maynia! For the Stacy Nash sampler, is there a lighter rose color used in the sampler? I would probably use that in place of the parchment colored thread.

Robin said...

You certainly are getting a lot stitched. I don’t know what color to tell you to use. Pick some threads in various degrees above and below the parchment color and do a thread toss on your linen with the other flosses. See what looks best. For me, I think I would leave the parchment.