Sunday, April 5, 2020

Elizabeth Atkinson

Hello friends!  I hope you all are safe and well.  We are settling into our new routines.  I've been working from home for a while but the bank I work for has transitioned 95% of our workforce of a couple of hundred thousand to work from home.  My husband is also working from home as he his a licensed clinical social worker for our local school system.

In the past couple of weeks, I've finished Elizabeth Atkinson 1829 from Hands Across the Seas Samplers.  She is a fun stitch and isn't huge.  There is quite a bit of over 1 and a little bit of Algerian Eyelet.  I particularly love the border on her and that vase of flowers in the center bottom.

I stitched this on 46 count Golden Oats from Silkweaver.  I really liked the linen.  I used the called for 100.3 from Au ver a Soie.  I LOVED this thread!

I almost immediately sent this out to Total Framing and have selected a frame via text message and hope to have her back home soon.  I also sent along another piece to be framed too.






Hoping that you are finding calm in the storm and that all your stitches are happy ones!

10 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful, Jackie! So sorry I won’t to see you in Asheville.

Keep me posted on how Jake is doing.

Vickie said...

This is just gorgeous Jackie! I hope you are staying put and staying safe.

Marilyn said...

Congrats on a gorgeous finish.
Yes, that Urn at the bottom with flowers is so pretty.
Marilyn

diamondc said...

Jackie: It is beautiful, I am looking forward to seeing it framed.
I am happy you are able to work from home, it must be hard to have to do so, I am retired so am used to being home.
Stay Healthy

Catherine

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on getting Elizabeth finished, Jackie! I can't wait to see her framed.

Barb said...

Oh my goodness that is fabulous. You must have a lot of patience...

woolwoman said...

great finish Jackie ! I think I have this kitted up - not on 46ct of course ! glad your experiment with the Dawn to remove the dye bleeding on your miniature quilt worked. Those Jo Morton quilts are wonderful and I know you love this one. Good luck with coping with sharing your workspace with DH. I'm glad I can still go to the office and keep some normalcy to my life. Be safe Mel

Margaret said...

So beautiful! Congratulations on the finish! And the quilt and Dawn -- who knew? Wow!

Carol said...

Another lovely finish, Jackie! So glad you and your husband are both working from home, too. Happy Easter to you--it will certainly be a different holiday this year, but at least we are safe at home. Take good care now! ♥

Mary said...

This is gorgeous!! Did you find 46 ct much more challenging than 40 ct? I love 40 ct but am intimated to go higher. Glad to hear you are working from home. Stay safe.