Sunday, September 22, 2019

Progress is Being Made!


Hello friends!  I hope fall has arrived in your part of the world.  It hasn't here in Florida but we have had a break in the heat after record breaking high temps.  It's been nice even though it is still close to 90!

I have a finish to share with you today!  Maria Phinney which is a club piece from Country Sampler in Spring Green, WI. This is out of my normal color palette as it's a lot of brown but I enjoyed almost every stitch!  The ones I didn't enjoy were the ones I had to rip out because I clearly can't count.  If you have this project and haven't started it yet, I definitely needed two skeins of the Fawn thread color.  Many other stitchers did on Instagram as well.  I used the second skein for the house so it really didn't matter if the color was matched 100%.  It was a very close match though.  I substituted the linen for the Weeks Zweigart.  It came with the original base.  The colors between the 2 bases were very consistent and I've enjoyed the Zweigart base whereas I haven't really cared for the original base.  I love their colors though so I'm happy to see this new option with Weeks Linen.
Maria Phinney - Club Sampler from Country Sampler in Spring Green
Shakespeare's Peddler
40 Count Weeks on Zweigart Straw
Called for overdyed cotton thread

I've also been doing a bit of quilting.  I'm working on Yankee Doodle Dandy from Maker Valley.  This is what the quilt will look like when it is done.  I figure as I'm trying to get my sew-jo back I should be sewing something very uncomplicated.

I've gotten the first 6 rows pieced and they are pinned to my design wall (which needs to be cleared out).  I'm hoping to get some more sewing done today.  I'm not pushing it or trying big sessions in the sewing room as the goal is to simply get back into the habit.

I'm also trying to not let tasks or to-dos at home slide.  When was the AC filter changed?  Work is easily organized, home not so much.  I decided to get a planner and I chose Plum Paper.  I chose them because of the ability to customize and the variety of layouts.  It was easy to find one that I believe is working well for me.  I chose vertical priorities.   The text on the headings can be modified and you can pick what months are included in your planner.   I'm getting so much more done and I'm not forgetting to do things.   If you're interested, let me know and I can see you a referral code for 10% as long as you have not created a profile with Plum Paper.
This version has a weekly habit tracker.  I've gotten so much better at taking my vitamins daily and tracking food because of wanting to check off that little box!  I've also participated in one of my hobbies every  day for 7 weeks too!  
 
That is it for now!  I hope all your stitches are happy ones!



6 comments:

diamondc said...

Jackie: I love your sampler, it is a beautiful.
I think a planner is really a part of daily life nowadays.
Your choice of quilt is beautiful.
Have a lovely week.

Catherine

Vickie said...

Maria is a big one and she is beautiful! I love Yankee Doodle so far!

Marilyn said...

Maria is looking great.
Gotta love that quilt!
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Margaret said...

I love Maria! I like the idea of WDW using a Zweigart base. Nice to hear you like it too. Love your quilt progress too! I don't use planners. I do do a daily journal type thing and that's where I keep track of various things. Your planner looks very nice though!

Carol said...

Good to hear about the WDW with Zweigart fabric. I really didn't like the other stuff so I'll give WDW fabrics another try. Jackie, I truly love the Maria Phinney sampler. Those ARE my colors--I just love blues and browns together. (check your Eve though--is she done?)

The flag quilt will be lovely! Glad your sew-jo is slowly returning :)

Barb said...

Beautiful sampler! May have to check out that planner...vertical is my preference too.