Monday, September 30, 2019

Off With Her Head!

Thank you all for your sweet comments on my last post.  Thank you also to the two readers who contacted me to let me know Maria Phinney wasn't really fully completed.  That is, unless I intended to leave off her head!!!  Thankfully, this project was at home and not at the framers.  She is still unfinished but I will get to it.  I jumped around a lot on this project and was running very very very short of the thread color that is used on Eve (Flax from Weeks and I used most of a second skein to finish this).  Since this wasn't at the framers, I am able to find some humor in this!  
 I also wanted to share a updated photo of And They Sinned.  This is how it sits today.  I'm enjoying every stitch but other things have been capturing my interest lately.
I finished the stitching on this Erica Michaels berry called Sampler Berry.  I ended up stitching half of this twice due to a counting mistake and it still stitched up pretty quickly.  Our guild was to have a berry finishing class which has been delayed but I will get it FFO'd at some point.
Sewing wise, I've joined the BOM program through The Quilted Moose for the Fairhaven quilt.  I was going to do the appliqué by hand but I have to admit, I'm having second thoughts on that.  I'm doing the dark background as shown below in this photo from the quilt shop.
I've been working on my Yankee Doodle Dandy quilt too but the updated photo really doesn't show much progress.  I'll save the next update on this project to hopefully be a finish.

Hard to believe it is October and the busy holiday season is starting!  I hope your week is enjoyable and all your stitches are happy ones!



10 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your 'headless' Eve would have made a great story if it had been framed. Your sampler berry looks good. What a cool looking applique BOM you are working on!

diamondc said...

Jackie: I think that is a hoot, I did not see her head missing until this post.
I am so happy you did not have it to the framers yet.
I love the Berry, I am looking forward to seeing it finished.
Have a lovely day.

Catherine

Carol said...

So glad Eve will be getting a head, Jackie--otherwise how could she eat that tempting apple :)

LOVE your progress on And They Sinned--it will be a masterpiece! And I can't wait to see your berry all finished up. I think I need a class in that, too--have never done one myself.

Happy October, Jackie--I'm sure your days will be cooling off finally!

Marilyn said...

I think that happens to all of us at least once.
One time I stitched a motif Sampler, and left the horse's head off!
I just love And They Sinned, it's so gorgeous.
I have finished that same Strawberry recently, just love it.
Erica's instructions are easy to follow.
Now on to the Quaker Berry!
That's a very pretty quilt.
Marilyn

Meg said...

Oh, that’s really funny about “off with her head”! Glad you didn’t have it at the framer yet. 😳 Your other sampler is so beautiful. I clicked on the photo to see it up close. It pops on that fabric. I’ve never made a berry. Looking forward to seeing yours. Have a lovely week!

tonyamay said...

You are rocking on ATS, wished I would have stuck with you on that one. I'll get back at it soon.

woolwoman said...

I've been away from blog reading/posting for a while so I missed your headless Eve - how funny /not funny for sure if you had it framed. Great sampler and OMGosh - you are rocking on all your projects. ATS is always amazing to see in any stage of completion. Here's for fall coming to our neck of the woods soon! Mel

Marie said...

Hi Jackie,
Your stitching is so beautiful, I wish my sight would allow me to do that again. I even have trouble getting to my quilting but hope that will change. I am so glad our Fl. weather is changing to a little cooler. Hope all is well up your way. I am much stronger from my hip surgery and walk a lot without t he walker(yea).
Take care. Hugs, Marie

Margaret said...

So many beautiful projects! Love them all!

P.J. said...

Headless Eve made me giggle... perfect for Halloween! Beautiful pieces all around.