Monday, June 24, 2019

Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Hello there!  Who can believe it is almost July?  I have no idea where the year has gone but it sure is hot here.  Christmas will be here before we know it.  I guess these comments are a sure sign I'm getting old!  Ha!

I have a ornament finish that I've never shown.  One of the BBD Christmas stockings.  They stitch up pretty quickly and finish fairly easily.   They do look so pretty on the tree too!
I don't know what has gotten into me but I've started several projects over the past couple of months. This is the third one and it's a big one - And They Sinned by Examplar Dames.  The chart is OOP but you may find a copy here and there.  I'm stitching with the called for threads on 36 count Picture This Plus Legacy.  I'm really enjoying this and can't wait to get further down into the stitching.  There is a really pretty tree with Adam and Even in the next section below where I am now.  I didn't mind stitching the big cloud (even though my two thread colors were probably too close).  I did not want stripes so I stitched in a circular fashion.   It used more thread but I do like the results.
I've also managed to block my Pradera Wrap (free pattern).  I used the call for yarn and it was wonderful  to knit with.  The yarn was soft and squishy before blocking and is still that way after blocking.  I can't wait to wear it this winter!  Here is Florida, I don't ever wear a jacket.  A hand knit around my neck is usually just enough to keep me warm from car to building. 
Pradera Wrap
Yarn:  Manos del Uruguay
Colorways:  Miel, Azafran, Hortensia, and Granada
Needle:  US Size 10 

Here is a photo of Murphy in my sewing room trying to Jedi Mind trick (by sitting) me into giving him a treat!  Of course, that worked but I made him lay down first.  Don't kind yourself, he is fully in charge!  Ha!
I hope your week has started out well and that all the stitches you take are happy ones!

13 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Jackie: Your ornament is lovely, I do like the Blackbird Design stockings.
The Adam and Eve is such a beautiful design, I have never thought of stitching a color in a circle way, I must try it.
Your shawl is beautiful.
My dog shames me into a treat once a day almost at the same time everyday.

Catherine

Mariela Alethia said...

Hello Jackie, love the ornament. And yes before we know it Christmas will be here. Where did time go?

Robin in Virginia said...

Jackie, your stocking finish is darling. And They Sinned is looking incredible. Murphy is a cutie! Enjoy your week!

Penny said...

Love your Christmas stocking, Jackie! And They Sinned is beautiful! I started it several months ago but am nowhere near your progress. I'm going to try and remember the circular tip when I reach the cloud. What a pretty wrap! It looks like it will be cozy when your weather cooperates. Our pets sure know how to manipulate us with those sweet faces. I love Murphy! : )

Marilyn said...

Cute stocking.
Have fun stitching And They Sinned, it's a beautiful piece.
That shawl is so pretty, and looks warm too.
Murphy is too cute.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Love that little stocking! And They Sinned is looking so good! Your shawl is wonderful. Murphy is so precious!!

Meg said...

What a sweet little stocking. I've never tried anything like that, but it looks intriguing. Gorgeous clouds in "And They Sinned." I agree - stitching in a circular pattern may have used more thread, but it was worth it. Pretty wrap, too!

Oh, your Murphy reminds me of my Scout. He, too, comes in and sits down next to me and "Jedi mind tricks" me into giving him attention, or a "cookie" (aka dog treat). I never put two and two together that it was an attempt at a Jedi mind trick.... I like that! :-) I even Googled "Why does my dog stare at me?" The answer - they love you. Staring devotedly at you is a very good thing... and of course it's because they WANT something!

woolwoman said...

I had no idea you were that far along on ATS - WOW - it's so pretty on the Legacy. YGG ! You love the big ones. your little stocking is adorable - you are quite the finisher. Mr. Murph knows how to manipulate doesn't he. Mom just melts under that watchful gaze. He's a cutie. Love the shawl, I think I have some of that Manos yarn but never used it. We can only dream of coolness at this point in time. yes June is almost gone - cheers Mel

Andrea said...

Love the BBD stocking. And They Sinned is coming along beautifully too.

RJ said...

Hi Jackie! Just got back home from a nice week at the beach and was so happy to see a new post from you. I always enjoy seeing your new projects. I love your stocking ... it is so pretty and will look so nice hanging this Christmas. And They Sinned is quite a project and will be gorgeous. I truly love your wrap and is perfect for Florida weather. We went to see a play recently with friends and my good friend had a pretty wrap over her shoulders and I admired how pretty it was and wished I had one too. It got quite cool in the playhouse. Hope you are having a wonderful summer. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Margaret said...

Love the colors in your wrap! So pretty! ATS is looking gorgeous! I haven't tried that circular method of stitching. Anything to avoid those stripes -- I like the effect it produces! Hope you're having a great weekend! And yes, I'm old too -- time goes much too quickly!

Carol said...

Your stocking is so cute, Jackie--beautiful finish! And, oh, my And They Sinned is looking amazing already! I've seen other finishes and know what a giant undertaking this one is--good for you for rising to the challenge. I don't like stripey stitching either and think your circular clouds look just perfect. Your wrap is so pretty. I'm finding that more and more restaurants and such are just too cool with the AC on in the summertime--I bet those are handy for you all year round.

We hit 92 here today--ugh! I am thinking this is the start of one long hot summer. Hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!

Marjo said...

You are zooming ahead on ATS. If I ever get my wedding gift done I will join in.