Monday, September 29, 2008

QuiltFest

My friend Jeannine (link to her Ravelry page) and I went really early Saturday to the Jacksonville QuiltFest. I've always had an idea that I wanted to learn to quilt one day. Knitting has inspired other creative sparks in me. The Quilt Fest sealed the deal! What wonderfully talented people there are out there! Exhibitors were as young as 7!!! Here are a couple of pictures......



The last 2 pics are the front and back sides of the same quilt! Both are equally stunning!
I'll post a couple more pictures later in the week!
I can't thank Jeannine enough for going with me. She is an experienced sewer, knitter, and crafter and has an amazing sense of the details. She taught me a whole lot and pointed out the things I was missing. This will not be my last post about quilting!

1 comments:

Debbie said...

Gorgeous quilts. Definitely motivating. Now you need to make room for the stash of pretty fabrics you will soon have :)