Thursday, October 2, 2008

More Quilts

Here are a couple more quilts from the QuiltFest last weekend. I wasn't together enough to write down the quilters names to give them credit. This quilt won for machine quilting.

Here is a close up of the quilting. I'm so glad this picture came out. You can see a bit of the different patterns in the quilting. Amazing!

This quilt had lots and lots of little bitty strips of fabric.
I'm feeling the need to learn to do this!
I went to the QuiltFest realizing it may be "overload" for someone who has an interest in quilting but knows virtually nothing about it. My goal was to come away with one thing/fact/item learned. Thanks to Jeannine, I have several:
1. Using a longarm is pretty awesome! I was able to briefly try out a Gammil! Jeannine gently pushed me to do it and I'm glad she did.
2: I didn't think I liked batiks. I LOVE THEM!
3: Quilting can be very ornate and arty as well as simple and traditional. I knew the simple and traditional but I had no idea at how arty they can get or how complicated. A quilt with Crown Royal bags? Never would have thought that would happen....

4 comments:

She Knits Socks said...

Those are beautiful quilts. I had wondered about using a long arm machine. Was it hard?

Did you get a picture of the quilt made with Crown Royal bags? I'd love to see it. My son has placed an order for one and I have NO IDEA where to start. We have enough bags. I guess that's a start.

Debbie said...

Looks like you have a new passion bubbling...The creative possibilities with quilting are endless. Lookign forward to seeing your future masterpieces. Enjoy.

Ria said...

Love the pics of the quilts. The close up of the stitching is amazing. I would be scared to go simply because I don't have time for another time consuming hobby!

Ria (tonyfan4ever on Ravelry - found you on the blog comment train)

Anonymous said...

OMG, I love the sunflower quilt. Wish it was mine. Post more pics if you have any.