Tuesday, January 17, 2023

2 Quilts Done!

At the end of 2022, I put the finishing touches on two quilts!  I had sent both of these off for long arm quilting in April and they were returned quickly.  When they came back, I was sick and it was a long road to partial recovery.  Anyways...the first one is the very first quilt top I pieced which was October 2008.  That doesn't matter now since it's done.  Right?!  I remember going to the quilt shop to pick out fabric for my first class and being so overwhelmed that I asked one of the clerks to just pick out something/anything!
The second one is the Fat Quarter shop 2020 designer mystery.  I finished the piecing of this in 2022 just before I sent these out for quilting.  I really enjoyed piecing this one.  FQS's directions for cutting and piecing are always so so good and there is room in the fabric they give you for cutting mistakes.  I've been in BOM's that if you make one small cutting error or other error then you are out of fabric to fix it. 
I hope you're having a great week and that all your stitches are happy ones!
 

11 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Jackie: Your quilts are beautiful; I am not a fan of browns but this one is amazing and beautiful.
Congratulations on the finishing.

Catherine

Solstitches said...

Hello Jackie,
Thanks for the kind comment on my blog. I wanted to reply but, for the life of me, could not remember how to do it.
I hope that you and your Winter Rose Manor make up soon as it’s a beautiful design and lovely to stitch.
Your two finished quilts are gorgeous. I’m in awe as big quilts intimidate me. The sewing bit is ok but when it comes to the quilt sandwich I’m done.
I hope you are well now.
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Both look great! We needed quilts thispast week.

FlourishingPalms said...

How great to have two quilt finishes already this year! But confess, you held onto them so you'd appear to be very productive in 2023. Ha, ha. I'm happy for you to have that great feeling of accomplishment. After all you waited 15 years for the first one! Though I know you love your stitcheries, it's good to know you're still making/finishing quilts.

Marilyn said...

Beautiful quilts Jackie.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Both quilts are stunning, Jackie. Well done! I have heard that about the material provided in the Fat Quarter Shop BOMs.

krayolakris said...

Beautiful quilts, Jackie!

Vickie said...

I am so very glad you got these done Jackie! They are lovely. So different, but super!

Carol said...

Oh, these are both so beautiful, Jackie! I especially love the colors in the Fat Quarter shop quilt. Will you hang these or how will you display them? I think a certain someone has a birthday coming up this weekend--enjoy every moment, my friend! Hope you are having a wonderful January! ♥

Marie said...

Hi Jackie, I am so thrilled to see these beautiful quilts done! I remember when you first started a quilt , your piecing is beautiful. I am trying to get back to it,I know I can it is just when will I take it to that level again.
How are you doing? I think I have my settings fixed on the blog. sorry I have been out of the loop for so long. Have a beautiful day my sweet friend. Many hugs, Marie

mylene said...

You quilts turned out beautiful. Such lovely colours you have used.
Great job💖