Thursday, October 1, 2020

Sampler September Wrap Up

I had every intention of posting every week for Sampler September.  That obviously did not happen!  I did end up rotating through all of the WIPs I intended to except for one and that one I'm going to destash.  Can't force love!  

I ended up having two finishes for the month.  The first one is the second in the series Springtime Pleasures by Barbara Jackson.  This little egg is TINY and is almost entirely specialty stitches.  The year is supposed to go down at the bottom but I wasn't feeling it so I may leave it blank if I don't figure out something later.  It was a fun stitch!
Springtime Pleasures by Barbara Jackson
Class offered through The Shining Needle Society

I also finished up Martha Pudsey by The Scarlett House last night.  Great way to end the month!  She was a fun stitch due to the funky colors and the border was loads of fun.  I've heard some people say the border reminds them of a string of Christmas lights.  Another fun stitch!
Martha Pudsey by The Scarlet House
40 count Lakeside Vintage Meadow Rue
Called for NPI silks
I'm not sure how it got to be October but we are enjoying a great fall day today in Florida.  The sun is shining and it's only supposed to be 82 today.  I'm truly enjoying it!

Until next time, I hope all your stitches are happy ones!

13 comments:

Annie said...

A beautifully stitched sampler! I love the funky colors. The border is awesome. So different from the norm. Loaded with great details. Enjoy your finishes!

diamondc said...

Jackie: Martha is stunning, what a beauty.
I too sometimes leave off the date, I just cannot see doing one unless I really feel it is beneficial.
I hope you have a great weekend.

Catherine

Marilyn said...

Cute little egg!
Congrats on your beautiful finish of Martha Pudsey.
She's gorgeous.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Martha looks fabulous, Jackie! Your egg looks awesome. What about putting your initials in that space? Happy October and have a great weekend!

Penny said...

That little egg is sweet, Jackie! Martha Pudsey is such a beautiful sampler. And I can see the resemblance between the border and Christmas lights. Our days are in the 60s and low 70s and we have had nights in the 40s. Seems like the weather changed kind of drastically here and I'm not ready for it. Take care.

Marjo said...

great work as always. The colors in all of your pieces are great. Very successful Sampler September.

Barb said...

Do your little hands go a mile a minute? Awesome work.

Marie said...

My Dear Jackie,
I am so sorry to have read about your Mom, I know her journey was most difficult for her as well as you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Much love, Marie

R's Rue said...

Beautiful. I hope you’re doing well. Sending hugs your way.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Marilyn said...

That egg is too cute, & Martha is beautiful.
We've had rain almost every day in October until yesterday.
It was a beautiful day & hope we will have more this month.
Marilyn

Carol said...

Oh, Martha is a lovely, lovely finish, Jackie--and that little egg is adorable (you know how I love tiny!!). 82 sounds quite warm still, but I know down your way that is considered temperate. Hope you are getting settled in your new home... wishing you much happiness! ♥

Marie said...

Jackie, thanks for the visit. I know you are so busy! Your needlework is beautiful . We too have had a couple of much nicer days here at the Space Center. Hope you have recovered from the move, send me your address in PM if you can. Many hugs, Marie

Barb said...

It just amazes me what you get done...I love your cross stitch...