Saturday, February 6, 2010

Not Much...

...going on here this week.

For the $5 quilt I'm just starting there is an accessory applique block each month. This month's has a pieced background and I did get it done this week. The points aren't as good as I'd like them to be but let's face it, applique is going to go over it so I'm not going to redo anything. I was thrilled, however, that it came out the right size! And I have room to trim it up later on. You all know how I've been struggling with that! The instructions on the applique placement are non-existent so I'm holding off until I get more direction at this months meeting.
Chris has been working on refinishing 2 end tables we gave him. He's using them as nightstands. They were the typical oak color but he wants them a dark coffee brown to match the big mirror we gave him at Christmas. This is the first time he's done anything like this and the first one came out nice.
Not much else has been going on. I'm stitching and/or knitting a bit each evening. My Per Terras shawl is back to being worked on again. It was a good week at work too!

16 comments:

Susan said...

I think your block looks fine, points and all! I'm anxious to see the next step!

Margaret said...

Pretty block! Hope you get to relax and stitch/knit/quilt to your heart's content tomorrow!

Unknown said...

love that block, and my oh my Chris.....lol

Simone de Klerk said...

How nice to have a block like this as a background for appliqué!
Have a lovely Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing the applique! Your back ground block turned out nice. Congrats to Chris on his refinishing project.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Love the colors in your block.
Isn't it nice when your week goes by smoothly?

QuiltSue said...

What will you be appliqueing on the blocks? I think your points look good, and well done on the block coming out at the right size.

Beth said...

I can't wait to see the applique! Good luck with it!

Karyn said...

Not much here either, girlfriend. Your block is gorgeous :) I love to see our guys hard at work, and oh so grown up...time flies ;)
Hugs
Ma

Deb said...

Just getting your block done is getting something done! I think your block looks great and I love that you have the same mindset as me when it comes to those blocks when you cover them with applique! I'm looking forward to seeing the block when it's finished!

Carol said...

Very pretty block, Jackie! I love it when I can recycle some of my old, used furniture to the boys. Middle son and I refinished an old coffee table that I bought when I was first married 32 years ago and it sits proudly in his apartment.

Glad you had a good work week, too :)

Barb said...

I love the blocks.....and I am like the rest, can't wait to see what comes next.

Don't you just love the smiling face?

julia said...

What kind of applique goes on this block? I think it looks great. Send the young man this way if he likes refinishing furniture!

Annie said...

The piecing looks great to me. We are always our own worst critics. Looking forward to seeing the applique.

DAWNIE said...

Like your tone on tone fabrics. You have done a pretty neat job. Points are not my favourite either, but well done looks good.

Feisty Irish Wench said...

I know nothing about quilting, but I admire your talent for it. You may see faults but I do not.

And as for Chris? Well I'm biting my keys...but I will say this though: ooh, a lefty!