Sunday, December 6, 2009

Nary a Stitch....

...of any kind this weekend. Not a single one. I even missed Midnight Knit at my LYS.

Yesterday, Greg and I went to Ikea in Orlando. It's a little over 2 hours from our house. We got there at 10 and left at 4:15, stopped for dinner and got home around 8pm. In a comment on my prior post, Jean said that Ikea translated from Swedish is "takes all your money". I agree.

Exhibit A:
The van was loaded. I didn't get some shelves I need for the wall. Or a chair for my sewing table or one to sit and knit or stitch. But I did get most everything else I need from a function or storage standpoint for my sewing room. Hardly anything in terms of decorating. That will come. Let's hope all this stuff fits in my tiny room and that I like it!

I'd also like to say that my legs don't hurt after hours hiking in the mountains. Or after weight machines and the elliptical at the gym. But the day after Ikea? They HURT.

This morning I was reading a blog and saw that it was 18 days to Christmas. What? Within 15 minutes I was out the door. Target, Joanns, ToysRUs, Costco, Publix, a pedicure, cooking. We also finally got the tree up and decorated. I'm not the kind of girl that decorates her entire house including her bathroom. The tree and the fireplace is pretty much it though I do have a couple of other things here and there in the living room.
Tomorrow it's work. Maybe I can get some rest and I hope tomorrow night take a couple of stitches here and there. I need it!

19 comments:

Pat said...

Your decorations look wonderful. I can't wait to see the IKEA purchases in place in your sewing room!

valerie said...

Ikea...you are very brave! The Ikeas here are madness. I hope it all works in your sewing room.

Your decorations look nice! You are much more decorated than I am!

QuiltSue said...

The decorations look great. I'm with you on not doing the whole house. One big tree, one little tree and a wreath on the front door and that's it!

Simone de Klerk said...

We are very lucky to have Ikea only 15 min. away from us (O: I look forward to see your furnished room. Maybe I can learn something from it.
Your Christmas decoration looks beautiful! We don't decorate the whole house either. I like it that way!
Have a good week!

Karen said...

Love the tree and fireplace. Very festive and warm feeling. I hope that you get a stitch or two in this week. I can't wait to see how your new sewing room is coming along. You are so blessed!

woolwoman said...

glad you had a safe trip to Orlando - can't wait to see your new purchases in place. Your christmas decorations look so homey and cozy - now we just need some snow LOL - Here's to many happy stitches this week! Mel

Susan said...

Your sewing room is going to be so nice...the pain will be well worth it!
I'm the same way about decorating for Christmas, some lights in the windows, tree and mantle and that's it!

Jean in Georgia said...

The Swedes thank you.

Anonymous said...

Your Christmas fireplace looks so cozy. Congrats on the Ikea haul. Have fun arranging your space!

Carol said...

Ooh--I'm jealous Jackie--your very own sewing room! It will be such fun to set it all up, I'm sure...

I love your Christmas decorating--very warm and inviting looking :)

Debbie said...

Your decorations look so pretty.

I know how tired you are after stomping through IKEA. Can't wait to see how your sewing room evolves.

Mylene said...

You are too funny!!! Were you able to get all what you intended to get at the mentioned shops above...in one day, WOW!

Daffycat said...

Oh my, Jackie...your tree is beautiful!

How dare you tease us with cardboard BOXES? Get that stuff unpacked and put together ~ we wanna see!

julia said...

You are way ahead of me. Your tree and fireplace look fantastic and festive!! I got my tree standing (read my post for that saga) but that is all. I carried the lights upstairs, but they didn't make it onto the tree just yet. My plan is to do that in the morning.

I can't wait to see your sewing room all done up!

Unknown said...

Beautiful decorations! Love how the tree and fireplace turned out...very festive and cozy looking.

Finally had some time to catch up on reading your posts...love the stash you bought! Jenny Bean is quickly becoming my favorite person...LOL! and your sweet babies are adorable.

Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog...actually, you and I are blood sisters! LOL! I am an AVID Florida State fan...although, I am seriously PO'd over how they handled the whole to-do with "Dad" ...guess I am more of a Bobby Bowden fan! LOL! I do love my Noles! My ringtone is the FSU warchant...so, yeah, I'm kinda sickening with it! As such, I HATE the gators and hurricanes...so, I was ecstatic that Alabama won!!!
Sorry for the ranting!:o)

My family lives in Brooksville, about 1 1/2 hours from Orlando, on the Gulf Coast...is that very far from you? There is a lovely little needlework store in Trenton that I try to visit when I go see my grandmother.

Well, I sure hope you have a great week! Until later...

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I love IKEA...you should see our house...when it is clean it is somewhat like an IKEA showroom! :o) Look forward to seeing what you bought.

Brenda said...

Ikea!! Sounds like you had a fun time. Your muscle soreness must have been you working out your "shopping" muscles. haha "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"...in your house!

imquilternity said...

Ikea is such fun, isn't it? I can wander around in there for hours and there are always items I must purchase, whether I need them or not. Can't wait to see your room when all of these boxes have been opened and their contents assembled.

I'm with you about decorating. We basically just do the tree and the family room where we spend the majority of our time. Your tree is gorgeous!!

Chris Daly said...

Your tree looks beautiful. I got a laugh out of your IKEA translation. I'm always so glad IKEA is far far away or they would have more of my money.