Saturday, December 20, 2008

Busy Weekend

It's going to be a busy weekend! I am no where near done with my Christmas shopping (let's not discuss wrapping), have to menu plan, grocery shop, get organized, and get it all done! Oh, and did I mention that we still have to demo the rest of the fence from the storm damage we had? And even though I have more to do than I have time for, I still went to Knit Night at KnitWitz. That goes without saying, doesn't it?

My fingerless mitts are coming along. They're the only knitting project I have on the needles right now. After Christmas/January I know I'll be casting on for a couple more as I generally like to have 3 ongoing projects. When I started knitting last January, my goal was to work one project at a time and FINISH it. I'm typically not a finisher. I get enthused and excited, start, lose that excitement, pack it away, and hold onto it for 15 years. While I haven't been loyal to just one project, I am proud to say that i have finished my projects!!!!

My 2nd quilt top is almost done. I have one side of the inner border to finish and then I just need to add the outer border which is pieced and will take more time. Unfortunately, my sewing is all packed away. I use the dining room for any sewing and with the holiday right around the corner I made the decision to pack it all up until the 26th. Of course, I then felt the immediate need to sew. But there is just too much mess generate so packed up it stays.

February 2009 I'll start taking a Sweater Workshop class at KnitWitz and I've very excited about it. It will teach me all the skills I need for a sweater for me. Like waist shaping. I've knit a sweater for 2 of my nieces but lets face it, shaping doesn't matter for them. Anyways, I'll end up with this weird type of sampler that in my mind kind of looks like a knit wind sock. Check out the link above; it's to amazon and you can flip through a couple of the pages of what will be the class book. 2009 just might be the year of a big girl sweater!

I hope your weekend is less hectic than mine! At least I'm in Florida and not battling the sever weather that a lot of people are experiencing. Have a great weekend!
Me, J, C, and G
J's hair is wet so he doesn't look too scary here!

11 comments:

Jean in Georgia said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Crafty Mama said...

Thanks so much for the comment! I really appreciate your warm thoughts about my future grandkids. I am in love with my quilt, and as I never intend on selling it or even giving it out of my family, I know that the imperfections make it perfect. Thanks again! And good luck with all of your crafting projects!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas, First off let me thank you for always commenting on my blog, I enjoy your comments being there :)

I still have a ton of shopping to do.. all for hubby, LOL!! and My Sister, but everyone else is finished thank good. I hope you get your shopping done :)

I wish I had a local yarn shop to take classes in I'd totally love that sweater class

Simone de Klerk said...

How well described, the typical not finisher. It is as though you are talking about me ... Good for you, that you did go to the Knit Night. You need that!!! I hope you get all your shopping and wrapping done. And I like the picture of your family. You must be very proud of them!
Have a nice Sunday!

cici said...

I along with you have sooo much more to do before the big day. I use gift bags...What a lovely family... Happy Holidays!!

TeresaB said...

Hope you got a lot accomplished this weekend. I've decided if it doesn't get done, then oh well. Great pic of the family!

Debbie said...

Happy Holidays Jackie, to you and your family. Wonderful family photo..need one of the pups too:)

Micki said...

Hi Jackie,
You made my day with your comments on my blog...you always do, so thank you! I am not ready for Christmas too, as I just moved, but I will get it done...I hope!
The Sweater Workshop book looks great, so i will get that for myself. Good luck with the course.
Hugs,
Micki
In Ireland

carole brungar said...

Hi Jackie! Just wanted to say thanks for popping into visit my blog and leaving the lovely supportive comments! I've just visited your blog for the first time and had a lovely visit!! I'll be back!
Have a lovely Christmas!
Carole

Pat said...

Very nice family photo and......how great that your son cooked the turkey!!! It sounds like you had a nice day....love the photo of your tree with the gifts under it, too. I enjoy your blog.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas. Lovely family photo! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Good luck with your sweater class.
P.S. C is quite handsome AND a good chef ;)