I finished my Falling Water Scarf! This has been almost exclusively a lunch time project. This is steamed blocked and I'm not happy with the results so it'll be blocked again.
Pattern: Falling Water (Ravelyr Link)
Yarn: Malabrigo Worsted Merino
Needles: Size 8Last Wednesday at my quilting class, the instructor and I went over how I could improve how my points (is that the right term?) are matching up. In my prior post you could see the worst mismatched block in the lower left hand corner. The class went over the techniques I could use to fix it (I had gotten a bit ahead and was only to have my rows sewn; not the whole thing). Turns out I had one block that was cut a big larger than it should have been. So I went back and fixed this block and the one next to it. Looks SO much better. I'm learning loads with this class. I need to be more careful to square up my blocks and I learned how I can ease the fabric to make it match. I also hadn't pinned along the way and will never skip that step again!
I've signed up for another class. This one will either make me get my points correct or it's going to kick me in the rear big time! It's bunches and bunches of tiny blocks that HAVE to line up.