Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Why Do I Do This?


I'm not sure why I put off a task I do not like that doesn't take any real amount of time.  Isn't it better to just get it done?  I have trouble remembering that.  Case in point, this scarf has been finished and blocked and sitting in my sewing room only needing the ends woven in.  It has taken FOREVER.  Today I got it done and it's now in my dresser waiting for cooler weather that is still several months away.

This scarf is the Chevron Scarf byJoelle Hoverson.  Super easy to knit and the 4 row repeat is really just a few stitch combos to remember.  It's long and thinner than I'd typically knit so I will probably wear it like it's shown in the photo below.  Doubled up.  In Florida, that's often all I need in winter - something to keep my neck warm.

Chevron Scarf by Joelle Hoverson
Claudia Handpainted Yarns Fingering
Tropicana and Caribbean colorways
US 4 needle (I'm a tight knitter and should have used a 5)

I feel good having that done!  What do you put off doing that you always think that it wasn't really that bad to just get it done?

I hope all your stitches are happy ones!

 

11 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...


Juliet Gulf Coast Stitches says "eat the frog first" then your mind is free to think about the projects you want to do rather than those you dread

Marilyn said...

It's beautiful!
Love the colors in that yarn.
Sometimes I put off stitching that is almost finished, I guess I get bored if it's a lot of 1 color.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

What a lovely, lovely scarf!
I try really hard not to put off fully finishing a stitch. I am not fond of that at all, but I hate myself for leaving things lingering.

diamondc said...

Jackie: The scarf is lovely, that can be worn with any color clothing, I have loads of items that need to be fully finished, sometimes life gets in the way.
I have lots to fully complete, maybe someday I will get them done.
Have a great day.

Catherine

Mary said...

The scarf is so pretty and will go with lots of colors which makes it very useful. Hope you get to wear it often! I put off finishing my stitching, I dislike it so much, it stresses me out and I put if off till the last minute, usually the day of the blog posting! How is that for procrastination?

Robin in Virginia said...

Your scarf is gorgeous, Jackie! Truth be told, I put off a lot of things since I have retired. But when I do managed to tackle them, I tell myself it wasn't too bad and next time, I will just do it. Yeah, right?!?!?! Enjoy your week!

Jolo said...

I have always loved that scarf since the book first came out

RJ said...

Love your scarf Jackie. The colors are so pretty and will go with so many things too. Oh my do I put things off. I wish I was one of those people that like to get things done right away but unfortunately I'm not. And, then I'm a nervous wreck to meet deadlines. Such is life! RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

P.J. said...

Beautiful scarf. Hand finishing some of my cross stitch projects.

FlourishingPalms said...

I understand putting off a finish, but usually for me I'm doing so because I don't like the project... not because there's one last step to call it done. Your finish would have come easily to me because it's so pretty! I hope you get to wear it lots of times. I remember sewing four pairs of leggings last winter, only to get to wear each one once. I learned my lesson: don't plan to wear "cold weather" clothing!

Carol said...

Oh, I'm so like you, Jackie... I can't even name you all the little things I put off that would take just 15 or 20 minutes to get done. Drives me crazy and I really am trying to be better about not letting things linger. I do love that scarf--it will come in very handy during your sometimes chilly days in FL.