Friday, May 28, 2010

Woefully Behind

I'm woefully behind on my BOMs - the ones that I have actually started. Here is the latest block in the $5 quilt series and I have 3 more to make. Two of those are applique. I have 5 blocks for Stitchers Garden to make as the last 2 months have had 2 blocks each month. Hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to get caught up or closer to being caught up.
When I was in Atlanta last month, I picked up a couple of stitching stash additions. I finally found some Belle Soie Mudpie and Chocolat that actually did not look exactly the same so I bought those and a couple of charts.
I'm hoping to have mostly a long weekend at home. We've had more activity than we normally do lately and it will be nice to have some peacefulness. We'll probably grill out one night but that is a normal year round activity for us. Whatever you decide to do I hope each of you will have an enjoyable and safe weekend!

15 comments:

Margaret said...

Woefully behind describes me as well. lol! Love your block though! And the stash too! Have a great weekend!

Jocelyn said...

Love your block! Have a great weekend!

Nancy said...

Your quilt block is very pretty, and I hope you find some time this weekend to work more on the others. Enjoy your new stash, and enjoy your weekend!

Lois said...

Hope you have a nice weekend! What a nice quilt block.

Sherry said...

the block looks great, have a great weekend!

Jen said...

Ok so I've been bitten by the bug, I want to learn more about stitching...I did my first Biscornu for a swap and I'm hooked. Problem is I don't know where to even begin...any idea's ? I've crossed before but only on 18ct with DMC threads.

Micki said...

Love your block Jackie! Thanks for stopping by,and I can see that you love horses as much as I do.
Micki

Anonymous said...

Your quilt block looks like it was hard to piece. You did a fabulous job. I love the fabric combination too. Those stitching charts look like so much fun, and I am glad you found the thread you were looking for.

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I always seem to be behind for something or other.

We don't plan on going anywhere this weekend either. I do need to do some grocery shopping. Should be nice and crazy at the stores this weekend. I realized this morning that I guess we should grill out on Monday to make it "official" or something. We try to grill out once a week or so anyways.

Tammy said...

Love that block, beautiful fabrics and just a lovely pattern as well.

Mylene said...

Beautiful block, Jackie and i love your new stash. Looking forward to see update of it.

Happy weekend!

imquilternity said...

Love your block! Hope you're having a great weekend, just relaxing. We certainly are.

Zlaty said...

Hi Jackie,

I know how you feel , I am even more behind then you , but i am working on some fun new projects. I love the colors on your block!

Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Deb said...

I can relate to woefully behind! I'm beginning to just realize that it's the way things are. Love your quilt block and do hope that you can get some time to do a little catching up this weekend.

woolwoman said...

hope you are relaxing and getting some quality time in your stitching room. your block is wonderful and glad you found some BS you liked.

Looks like a nice day for a BBQ here in NE FL. Enjoy!