Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hiking While on Vacation

I promised pictures from our vacation in the Smoky Mountains and here are a few....
This is G and I at Grotto Falls.
I just can't remember the name of this trail as we actually were on pieces of 3 trails on this particular hike. Even though the fall color is past it's peak this is stunning fall color to me. We literally had a blizzard of leaves falling from the sky. Gorgeous.
One day I really hope to be able to hike quite a distance on the Appalachian Trail. This was our first day in the park. It's inconceivable to me that people hike 2000+ miles. Some all at once!
Stunning views everywhere!
Me....on the Appalachian Trail! So much fun!

I had previously posted that I was hoping to be a lot stronger in my hiking abilities this trip. I'm pleased to say that I was! We only repeated one trail that we hiked last year but I was able to shave 1 hour and 10 minutes off my time! I felt fabulous!!! Being 55 pounds lighter than last year has helped so much. Next year will be even better and I'm really looking forward to it! So far, 2 vacations are tentatively planned for 2009 where we'll be able to do some hiking!

I just wrote a big long paragraph about my weight loss that I decided to delete from this post. Let's just say that looking at pictures of oneself objectively can be a huge reality check and that I still have some work to do mentally. This trip totally rocked and I can really see improvement in my physical ability. That is what I'm going to focus on!

9 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Looks like you had a really great time. Admirable your weight loss and great that you can compare your condition with last year!

Fabricmom said...

The pictures are beautiful. I love fall. Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the good work.

Fabricmom said...

The pictures are beautiful. I love fall.

Congrats on the weight loss and being able to achieve your goals.

Debbie said...

You look wonderful, happy and relaxed :) The scenery is beautiful too...obviously a great time of year for this vacation.

parrotheadchic said...

Pictures are great! I struggle right along with you on the weight issue! We are stronger than we give ourselves credit for.

Ria said...

pics are great! Congrats on the weight loss!

tinkguy said...

Beautiful pictures! Makes me want to get out from behind my computer and go for a walk.

Chris Daly said...

Jackie, I love your blog! Guess what? You are one of the two winners on my 100th post give away! Stop back and send me your address via the e-mail link on my blogger profile page. Congratulations! Chris

Barb said...

You look awesome!!! to 55 pounds is such an amazing task...my husband and I are trying to lose. I have done WW in the past. we will see. Love the pictures and fall leaves turning.