Sunday, August 20, 2017

Finishes!

I'm so happy to share a few stitching finishes with you!  It's rare that I have a finish.  Oddly enough, I finished both of the samplers on my son's birthday - August 7th.  Both are SAL's with my EGA Guild.  The Amy Mitten project was our 2016 SAL and this year we have a Brenda Keyes/The Sampler Company SAL going.

This is the Amy Mitten project.  The Scottish Sampler.  This piece has chenille couched just underneath the house (the dark and light green).  It's not fun to work with in that capacity.  I'm glad to have this done.   It gave me problems as a linen thread disappeared somewhere.  Jill helped me out with the problems that ended up presenting in the house but the rest of it just landed where it landed.  I wasn't going to stress over it since almost the entire sampler was stitched at that point.
Untitled 
The Scottish Sampler/Amy Mitten
32 Count Lakeside Linen Pearled Barley
Amy Mitten's Hand Dyed Silks
Untitled
This is County House Sampler from Brenda Keyes.  I first noticed this when Tonya Brockmeyer of The Scarlett House posted her sampler on Facebook.  I asked what it was and she told me and said it was one of her favorite stitches of all times.  The linen color here is off.  I would have never stitched a sampler on this natural/raw linen but I saw it stitched on it at Stitch and Frame shop and just fell in love with it.
Untitled
Country House Sampler
Brenda Keys/The Sampler Company
40 Count Zweigart Raw Natural Linen
NPI conversion from Joe shared by Margaret the Sampler Lover

The color is more true in this picture.
This isn't a reproduction so I stitched my name in a blatant attempt to guilt my sons into keeping this when I'm gone. Ha!  Who knows, it might work!  :)
Untitled 
I also signed up for a Shining Needle Society for Barbara Jackson's Springtime Eggs.  I finished the first one right away but I haven't shared it here.  The 2nd one is in progress but has not been getting any attention lately.
Untitled
I've spent the weekend organizing my stitching "stuff" because I could not find something I had been trying to find.  Still haven't found it but I'm confident I could find anything else stitching related if I was looking for it!

I hope you're having a great weekend and that all your stitches are happy ones! 

20 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Jackie, your finishes are beautiful. I really like the one by Brenda Keyes. What are you looking for? I hope you find it soon. Enjoy the upcoming week!

Katrina said...

Wonderful stitching Jackie. It must have been the weekend for organising stash because I did the same, lol.

Annie said...

Love these samplers and your egg. What beauties! That chenille trim looks tricky, but you did a nice job no it's very effective.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I admire your work so much! My sis did cross stitch and I have a few of hers. I know I won't ever do one, so I fully appreciate the ones other people do. I love the Scottish sampler!

Daffycat said...

Oh my, both your samplers are amazing! I love both of them so much. I need to organize my stuff too...I hope you find your missing item!

Marilyn said...

Both Samplers are gorgeous!
Congrats on your finishes.
I love the houses.
Cute egg.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Oh what a gorgeous sampler! Love that lawn!! What a pretty egg.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Jackie, you have two wonderful finishes here. Both samplers are so beautiful in their styles.
I am stitching my Brenda Keyes Red House Sampler on the same fabric and I love how it looks. Doesn't she have beautiful designs?
I love the little Springtime egg. How pretty.

Ellen said...

wow, Jackie!! You have been very busy with these beautiful finishes!! Way to go!

Margaret said...

Beautiful finishes! I keep being tempted by that Scottish Sampler every time you show it!

Sally said...

Beautiful finishes Jackie.

valerie said...

Amazing finishes, Jackie! I love the Amy Mitten one...I've seen many in my sampler group working on it. So sorry that the couching and missing linen thread gave you fits! The scene at the bottom of the Keys sampler is so pretty!! I signed up for the eggs too but haven't even started!! Hope you find what you are looking for!

Carol said...

Oh, those are both such beauties, Jackie!! I can't say which one I like more. I am definitely going to have to start a Brenda Keyes piece when I retire--I absolutely love them. I use the raw/natural linen a lot as it shows the white much better than other linens. Glad you were happy with it in the end :)

I haven't seen the Springtime Eggs, but they look so cute and quick! I need to get busy organizing my stuff, too--just don't know how it gets so out of control when I'm the only one poking around in it :)

RJ said...

Oh my Jackie I absolutely love both of your wonderful samplers. They are both gorgeous and so labor intensive. What a truly beautiful job you did on both of them. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Joe D Bear said...

Both samplers are amazing but the Country hOuse is my favorite and your family has to keep that in the family. I wish i had time to attempt such a big project and here you have done two huge samplers. Please show them framed, I adore both of them. Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

woolwoman said...

Your finishes are amazing Jackie! How great you finished both those big duClay SAL's - you rock ! I sure do love that BK Country House, so lovely! I would not have chosen that linen either but it looks awesome. Can't wait to see them framed. Hope you have a great week! Mel

Andrea said...

Both of your sampler finishes are wonderful. But ... the Brenda Keyes one really is a stand out piece. Congratulations on your finishes.

Barb said...

wow...that is a lot of work but so worth it...just wonderful stitching.

Rachel said...

These finishes are so, so gorgeous. County House Sampler is one of my favorites, I love the linen you chose. The Scottish Sampler is lovely too, although the specialty stitching does sound like it might be beyond me!:)

UplayOnline said...

I know I won't ever do one, so I fully appreciate the ones other people do. I love the Scottish sampler!


เย็ดสาว