Friday, November 15, 2013

First KAL!

I've joined my first Knit A Long!  It's with the Suburban Stitcher podcast group on Ravelry.  I'm off today so I was able to start first thing this morning.  Having a blast!  Color choices are inspired by the colors of our college team - FSU.  I'm really loving chevrons these days.
IMG_1185
Pattern:  Monster Cowl by Julia Allen
Yarn:  MadelineTosh Vintage in Charcoal
Chepalopod Beastie in Grassman (the gold)
Chepalopod Beastie in Chupacabra (the garnet)
Needles:  Addi US 9

This is feeling like a fairly quick knit so I should have no trouble meeting the deadline of December 31.    You all know me and deadlines and how they seem to zap the fun out of it for me.  Let's hope that I can stay inspired and finish this on time.  Because I'd REALLY like to!  It would be great to wear it in January to celebrate a certain game!  :)

What is inspiring you today?

26 comments:

woolwoman said...

good luck with your KAL Jackie - it's looking great so far ! very pretty colors too. Enjoy your weekend
Mel

Margaret said...

That is so pretty! It looks wonderful! How do you make that pattern? So cool. Good luck with the deadline. I'm the same way -- hate deadlines and pressure.

Annie said...

Such nice, even stitches. And the yarn looks so pretty and soft. I've been knitting a little lately, but frogging more than accomplishing anything. Hope you manage to stay more accurate!

Ellen said...

How cool...a tribute to FSU! Seminoles forever! (I knew there were several reasons why I like you!)

Barb said...

Looks great and you are so right about deadlines....

geeky Heather said...

It looks great, Jackie! I love the gray with the FSU colors.

ruthsplace said...

It's looking fantastic.

Susan said...

Looks great, Jackie, in spite of the FSU colors. My son went to UM and we are big Hurricanes fans. Glad you are having fun with the KAL!

Kats Studio said...

Wow! As always your work is beautiful. When I move up from plain knit scarves I will have to try the chevron pattern.

Karen said...

I love your colors and your knitting is just beautiful!

Jocelyn said...

Your knitting is beautiful!

Carol said...

How pretty, Jackie--love those colors!!

kathy b said...

I love your colors!!!

Tammy said...

As long as it's fun you'll stick with it I'm sure. It's gorgeous and I'm so happy that you're enjoying it so much. You've got your crafting mojo back!! Hugs.

straythreads said...

beautiful pattern and wonderful colors

Michelle said...

So that's what color chupacabras are! :-)

Catherine said...

Love the colors!

Michele said...

Looks like fun!

Karoline said...

Good luck with your KAL, it's looking lovely

Anonymous said...

Go FSU! Love the chevron pattern. I know you will finish since the color changes are so fun.

Brigitte said...

Oh Jackie, this is really pretty. Such beautiful colours! I'm sure you can do it until December 31.

Mylene said...

Looking great, Jackie. And such lovely colors!

Sally said...

That is beautiful Jackie. Love those colours.

Heidi's Garden said...

Wow Jackie! Love this chevron blanket. Our new floor is a chevron and I will share photos this week. I want to make a chevron quilt but wish now I could knit since I love this.

Hope you are well? Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Barb said...

I love your color choices....

Anonymous said...

Those colors look great together and your stitches are darn near perfect! That will be a good thing for the big game.