Sunday, May 31, 2015


I picked up two framed pieces last weekend that I wanted to share with you.  Hard to take photos of glassed pieces but you get the idea.

What drew me to Sarah Elizabeth Brooke by The Scarlet House was the verse and the border.  Really enjoyed stitching this one.  The variety in the motifs really kept my interest. 
Sarah Elizabeth Brooke 1842
Reproduction by The Scarlet House
40 count Lakeside Linen Vintage Light Examplar
Belle Soie (substituted the color Mer for the urns - thank you Mel for the suggestion!)

Close up of the frame
Sarah Seifer is a much smaller piece and I chose a bit of a chunkier frame for it.  I love the tree and snake on this one along with the angels.
Sarah Seifer
The Goode Huswife
36 Count Lakeside Linen Vintage Light Examplar
Conversion to NPI
Mods - Left the trombone's off the Angels

A close up of the frame
Both of these were started in January of 2014 and finished up in 2014.  I don't stitch anything fast so I was especially pleased to have these framed and on the wall.  

I have a couple of new knitting projects in the works and I've picked up Anniversaries of the Heart again.  I hope to have a little something to show you soon!

We also have been on vacation since my last post - we made a quick stop at Eat. Sleep, Knit along the way.  Great yarn shop and a great vacation!  It's always great to get away and re-charge. 

Hope you've all had a great weekend!  See you next time!

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Finished Finish

I have what I call a "finished finish" for you today!  My first ornament of the several I hope to finish in 2015.  This is one I've stitched mostly on my lunch hour at work.  I wanted to try finishing this one myself and I also wanted to try a beaded edge.  I used the instructions from a Jane Timmers/Fancy Work class project instruction set but this tutorial from Staci at Snippets and Stash is a good one too.
Snowy Pines by Little House Needleworks
Stitching, Cording and Finishing by Me
30 Count Natural Linen with DMC
Mill Hill Glass Beads # 02010

The beaded edging has flaws but I am very happy with this attempt.  It took longer than I thought and at times I'm sure my eyes crossed.  I'll definitely be doing this again!  Next time I need to work on getting the corners more firmly stuffed.  I did use fusible interfacing on both the front and the back and I like that it adds stability to the ornament.  I forgot to get a picture of the back but it has the year stitched and I added one of those "made with love" charms to the back as well.
One last closeup!
I also found my 2nd attempt at a patchwork zippered pouch.  I'm happier with my results.
The corners are more square.  More to learn but there is progress!
I hope you all are having a good week and that all your stitches are happy ones!