Sunday, April 12, 2015

Little Bit of This, a Little Bit of That

My attention hasn't seem to be focused on any one thing these days - my mind is flitting from one thing to the next.  That has been reflective in how I've been spending my free time.  This past week, I've stitched on three different projects and did some frogging on a 4th.  Not typical for me!

Zippered Pouches:
I've had another attempt - two actually - at getting my zipper corners more squared on pouches.  This is most most recent attempt.  Much improved!  But guess what?  I forgot to do the topstitching!  Oh well, I'll either still use this one (knitting notions) or pass it along to my sister who is a teacher to put in her "treasure chest".  I also went back to the drawing board on my pieced zippered pouch, but I can't find it to take pictures of it.  It must be some place "safe".   It came out better too but not tremendously.  Need to figure out what to do with the bulk since that project had batting in it instead of fusible interfacing.
DSC_0283
Knitting:
I finally weaved in the ends of this project.  This is an inexpensive wrap for the couch for those days it's too cold on my shoulders in the living room.  Obviously, since it's already hot, hot, hot here, it's going to be a while before I can use it.   When I bought the yarn, I was on vacation and hadn't been knitting for a while.  So I bought cheap yarn.  I've learned my lesson because I really do wish this was  less rustic.  I didn't think I'd like the ruffles but turns out I love them! 
DSC_0272 
Marble Chunky Yarn Color MC15
Size 9 Needles
Scraps:   GIVEAWAY CLOSED
Do you use 1.5" and 2" inch scraps - mostly traditional fabrics?  If so, leave your name and they are yours!  If more than 1 of you would like them, I'll draw a name.  They're too small for me and have been sitting on my cutting table for far too long!
DSC_0284
A Favor:
If you're a stitcher and on Facebook, can you "Like" our EGA guilds page?  We are trying to get to 100 likes!  There is a ton of pictures of beautiful stitching to look at too!  Thank you!

I hope you all have had a great weekend!  I've been busy today with things that need to be done about the house so no needle time so far today. Hopefully tonight.  I hope all your stitches are happy ones!

21 comments:

Ruth said...

I would be able to put your scraps to good use in some English paper piecing with 1/2" hexagons. Your work is beautiful! Thanks. ~Ruth D.

dortha said...

Hello, I would be more than happy to put those scraps to good use. They look like some good ones.

Tammy said...

Wow Jackie, lots of beautiful things you are creating. I'll go like your guild page just to see all the beautiful stitching. I love to look. Hugs!!

Carla said...

My corners aren't very neat on pouches. Good for you!

Annette-California said...

Your zipper pouch looks amazing and your wrap is Gorgeous!!! The ruffles are beautiful. I'm not on Facebook but did have my sister check LIKE on your EGA page.
love Annette

Gene Black said...

Your zipper pouch looks fine to me. There is a free class on craftsy that has a zipper pouch as part of the class. The design is different but the zipper comes out very neatly.
http://www.craftsy.com/class/bag-making-basics-reversible-tote-and-zipper-pouch/148?_ct=sbqii-sqjuweho-dum&_ctp=1&rceId=1428926273793~agtsy855

Anonymous said...

Love to get some "new to me" scraps.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I liked the page! thank you for sharing it with us! I love the sweet zippered pouch! And the shawl...beautiful!

woolwoman said...

so great of you to mention our EGA chapter FB page and do all that work Jackie to set it up - YOU ROCK !!! Your photos are always awesome. I love the cozy wrap you made - what a great pattern. I know lots of people who like that Marble yarn. Guess we are just yarn snobs eh? I wish I was up and going with my hexies and I would take a chance on your scraps because I know they are gorgeous ! Hope you have a good week - Mel

Margaret said...

Liked the Facebook page! I wish I had you all to join in a nice guild. You all are so lucky! You seem to be doing great with the zippered pouches to me. There's no way I want to try that. lol! I'm chicken! Love the shawl! Sorry you are disappointed about your yarn choice. It looks pretty from the pic.

Ellen said...

You are being too hard on yourself....your zipper pouch is wonderful!

Love the cape---it will be perfect for next winter!

Mylene said...

Love the shawl, it's beautiful as well as the zipper pouch.
I've been to the FB page, thanks for sharing.

Annie said...

That pouch looks great! Very professional. I've often noticed how the sites with tutorials or pouches to sell take photos at angles that hide those corners. Yours don't need that treatment.

Love the shawl. I'm sure you'll use it when that FL AC comes on full blast!

Carol said...

Practice makes perfect and your pouches just keep getting better and better, Jackie! And look at that amazing shawl--if it's too warm for you, you can always send it up north--ha ha!!

I just got back from Naples--boy was it boiling! Whew--92 on Friday! But, it was so nice to see all the green and flowers.

I'd love to put my name in for your fabric scrap drawing--I'm constantly using tiny scraps in my little pillows and ornaments. Thanks for the chance!

Lois said...

Such a lovely shawl Jackie! I'm doing a bit of jumping from one thing to another at the moment too and not really settling on anything! Zippered pouches - that's something I'd like to master but I'm so daunted by putting in a zip, etc. It just seems too far above my ability of being able to just about sew and straight line!!!

Andrea said...

The zippered pouch is beautiful and so is your shawl. Love the colour.

Mrs.Pickles said...

i think the pouch looks great. good work on the shawl too..wow~~

Melanie said...

It may be rustic but the colors are great. :)

Brigitte said...

Your zipper pouch is looking so good. I still have all the links that you once sent me but haven't made a try on them. Yet. But I have decided that after spring cleaning I will get busy with finishing some of my started quilt projects and try something new - maybe a zippered pouch.
I love your knitted wrap, particularly the ruffles and the colours.

Karoline said...

The pouch looks great & I like the colours of the shawl

Anonymous said...

That's an adorable little pouch.

As for the shawl ......you'll be able to use that in restaurants all summer long. I have no idea why they keep them a/c'd so COLD!