Sunday, February 1, 2015

Follow Your Arrow

I'm participating in Ysolda Teague's Follow Your Arrow Mystery KAL again this year.  It runs for 6 weeks and we've had two clues.  The pattern calls for 550 yards and I thought it would be a good project to make the best use of the yardage of a skein of Wollmeise.  No such luck.  Here is clue #1 knit in that selection.  As you can tell, far too dark for the pattern.  
IMG_0072
So I went back to the drawing board and ordered yarn from Eat. Sleep. Knit - specifically MadelineTosh Tosh Merino Light in the Oceana colorway and here is how my project stands at the end of Clue #2.  With blocking, the texture will look more like sideways arrows.  I had to work hard at not pulling the floats too tight.  I'm trying to loosen up my tension in general.  It's more important with something like this.  I've learned a lot with this project already!  Even though it seems I've knit most of it twice.  Ugh.  Looking at this picture, the pattern isn't very prominent.  Trust me it is in real life, this is just a bad i-Phone pic.
IMG_0109
I also ordered some yarn to make my husband a hat.  This knit up super fast. Like two days.
IMG_0105 
MadelineTosh Tosh Chunky
Mandala Colorway

I also made a knitting project bag.  Aren't these knitting sheep cute?  It doesn't match my project but I wanted to use the knitting themed fabric.    I used the Noodlehead tutorial but ended up veering from the pattern a bit.  Sewing is not intuitive for me and I needed more photos.
DSC05060
It's lined in a co-ordinating knitting fabric.
DSC05059
That's it for me for now.  Have a great week and I hope all your stitches are happy ones!

17 comments:

Carla said...

Jackie, your knitting is gorgeous!

Mylene said...

Lovely knitted pieces, Jackie as well as the bag.
Have a great week too.

Brigitte said...

You are right, the first start didn't show the pattern very well, but The second has done the trick with the different wool colour. It is looking reat so far. And the project bag that you made is so sweet - all these knitting sheep, so lovely.

Chris said...

Hey Jackie!! Lovely knitting. I am looking forward to your progress on AotH.

Annie said...

The SAL piece is so pretty .. in either color although the pattern shows up better in the new yarn. You've been pretty busy to do all of that, the snuggly hat and the cute pouch. A burst of creative energy!

I'm going to check out that hat pattern. Could work for me too!

Vickie said...

Gorgeous colors. Your bag makes me smile.

Margaret said...

Love how the KAL piece is looking. Much better with the new yarn! Nice hat for your DH too! Your knitting bag looks great! I should learn how to make bags, but I'm scared to try.

Tammy said...

You've been knitting like crazy. Love the hat and I also love the new color and yarn you picked out for your six week adventure. It sure is pretty what you have so far. Hugs!!

woolwoman said...

I love the dark blue yarn but not all yarn is suited for all projects - yep I learned that the hard way too ! Glad you re enjoying the KAL - looks fun! you did a great job on the hat - I'm still on the endless Sockhead for DH but it is fun and my favorite : mindless! Your little project bag is soooo cute - enjoy it - Mel

Melanie said...

I think the second color is definitely better. You want to see the pattern for sure after all that work. :)

Knitting sheep fabric! Gah! Adorable! What a perfect bag.

Carol said...

I love both colors, Jackie! And what a great hat--looks like it would be perfect for a northern FL winter :)

That little sheep bag is too cute--it turned out great, even if you didn't follow the directions!

ruthsplace said...

The sheep bag is adorable! Love the hat and the shawl too.

Lois said...

Love all your WIP's Jackie! That sheep bag is cute. Perfect fabric for keeping your knitting in!

Barb said...

I always loved knitting done by others, (notice how Isaid, done by others....just looks great!!!

Karoline said...

Your Follow your arrow is looking gorgeous and the hat is lovely.

Your project bag is very cute :)

Devon said...

Your shawl is looking beautiful and what a great hat pattern, and love your new project bag..

Patty C. said...

I have yet to try knitting - just crochet for me .. Love the little snowmen pattern ;)