Monday, December 15, 2014

Sarah Elizabeth Brooke

I have a last stitching finish for the year to share with you.  Oddly enough, this was one of my two New Years starts.  I finished both - the other was Sarah Seifer.  The color is off in the pic here.  Sure was a fun stitch.  The thread used for the house bricks is just one color - the beauty of a variegated skein of thread! 
DSC_0246
Sarah Elizabeth Brooke 1842
The Scarlet House
40 Count LL Vintage Light Examplar
Called for Belle Soie 
Substituted Mer for Herb Garden

I think I'll be back before the end of the year with a quilting finish too - the red and white quilt I've been working on for a very long time!  

Wishing you all a happy holiday season - and a safe one as well.  Greg and I have had a relatively stress free one but this weekend is going to be a busy.  We'll enjoy it though!  Since our kids are older there isn't much stress in the season.  We're pros and have learned to pace ourselves!  Haha! (you probably shouldn't believe all of that) 

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the finish :) Beautiful work! I love the way the bricks came out. That thread is wonderful.

Ellen said...

Wow... Sara Elizabeth is gorgeous! I hope you'll show her again once she's framed.

Merry Christmas to you and to Greg.

Carla said...

Hey Jakie. It's gorgeous! You must have quite the collection

Cindy's Stitching said...

A really pretty piece. Merry Christmas.

ruthsplace said...

A beautiful finish. I hope you manage to find some time to relax this Christmas season.

Barb said...

WOW!!! LOOOVEE it!

Carol said...

It is absolutely amazing!

Vickie said...

How gorgeous! Have a great week.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Sarah Elizabeth...Stunningly gorgeous! What a finish!
Have a very Merry New Year!

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on getting Sarah Elizabeth finished! I really like the house in this one! Looking forward to seeing your red and white quilt finish!

Robin in Virginia

woolwoman said...

So glad I got to see Sarah Elizabeth in person finished Jackie - such a lovely piece ! I'm also sorry I missed commenting on your gorgeous Ishbel - beautiful job on that and I commend you because that pattern whipped me ! I hope you and your family do have a wonderful Christmas - hugs Mel

valerie said...

Congratulations on your finish. Sarah is stunning!

Melissa said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish! I just think about all the hard work stitching those bricks in that big house! Nicely done!

Ranae said...

Ohh congrats!! It's beautiful. I always love the brick and mortar

Kats Studio said...

I always admire your hand work. It is beautiful. I also love your, shades of blue and teal, shawl. Have a wonderful Christmas season.

Margaret said...

Beautiful finish! I do love this piece! Isn't Christmas different with older kids? I miss the young kids days.

Mrs.Pickles said...

wow looks great! the bricks are stunning!
Merry Christmas to you too :)

Hazel said...

Absolutely stunning. What an amazing finish. x

Carol said...

Oh, how gorgeous Sarah turned out, Jackie! Amazing how lifelike the bricks look, too--great job on building the house :)

Merry Christmas to you--hard to believe it's only a week away!

Brigitte said...

Ohhhhh, she's just gorgeous. What a great finish you have here. Congratulations.
I wish you a quiet holiday season as well. And looking forward to seeing your next quilty post.

Angela said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS finish!

Jean in Georgia said...

Beautiful work!

Sheryl said...

Amazing piece of beautiful stitching. happy christmas .

Andrea said...

A beautiful finish.

Wishing you a very happy Christmas.

Krispian said...

What a lovely project. I am sure it will be a treasured heirloom.

Melanie said...

A great big finish, to boot! It's lovely. :) Happy holidays to you and your family!!

Karoline said...

Gorgeous finish, congratulations

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas

Joy said...

What a beautiful sampler finish...quilt too. Happy 2015!