Sunday, August 3, 2014

A Finish!

I've had a finish!  It's a small one but a finish nonetheless.  It was such a fun stitch.  May I present Sarah Seifer 1826 by The Goode Huswife.  Unfortunately this chart is out of print and is no longer in my stash - I know there are quite a few of you that would love to own it!  Sorry!
DSC04728
The threads were converted to NPI...and I can't find my conversion!  When I do, I'll edit this post.  Adam and Eve are a bit of a different color(not as gray as they appear here) but I rather like it as the color suits the rest of the piece.
DSC04726 
The only change I made was to leave off the bugels that the angels had coming out of their mouths.  They were made of back stitching with 4 cross stitches forming a square and I felt like the piece looked better without them.
DSC04727
The linen color is more true here.  I love the simple border.
DSC04723
Sarah Seifer 1826
The Goode Huswife
NPI Silks
Lakeside Linen Vintage Light Examplar

I bound off a knitting project on Friday night and if I can get it into a bath of Soak and dried, I'll be showing that to you soon!

May all your stitches be happy ones!

31 comments:

Blu said...

Lovely finish!

Mary said...

Such a lovely finish Jackie! I enjoyed every stitch of my Sarah too.

ruthsplace said...

It's a lovely finish!

Nancy said...

Beautiful sampler and beautiful stitching!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

So pretty!

Margaret said...

Love this design and hope to get to it someday. Nice conversion! Can't wait to see your knitting finish!

Carla said...

It's stunning Jackie. Beautiful work

Annette-California said...

Congrats on a stunning finish Jackie! I love stitching with NPI silks and your sampler looks super rich! Beautiful! love Annette

Annie said...

Your stitching looks great, so even as always. Love your color choices and little changes. This is a beautiful finish.

Brenda said...

Your finished stitchery looks beautiful! What happens now? Do you frame it? As a non-stitcher, I'm curious. Can't wait to see the newly knitted FO!

Tammy said...

A beautiful finish Jackie!! And I look forward to seeing your knitting finish too. Hugs and stay cool!!

woolwoman said...

Great finish Jackie - I was pleased to see it in person. It was really a neat piece. YGG with finishing a knitting project too. Have a great week ! Mel

krayolakris said...

Congratulations Jackie on your latest A & E sampler. It's gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing your knitting project as well!

Melissa said...

Lovely finish! This is a fav and on my to stitch list!

Devon said...

Great finish..

Devon said...

Great finish..

Angela said...

Congrats on the lovely finish!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Jackie, this finish is gorgeous. A wonderful design by The Goode Huswife. I have always loved her designs and it's such a pity that she stopped designing some years ago. Fortunately I have some of her patterns, they just need to be stitched one day.

Hazel said...

Absolutely stunning work Jackie. Love it. x

Carol said...

Really lovely finish, Jackie. I sure wish The Goode Huswife was still designing--there are so many wonderful charts out there!

valerie said...

Beautiful finish, Jackie! Congrats! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the finish! Your stitching is always beautiful.

Melanie said...

Congrats on finishing! It's lovely. :)

Andrea said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish.

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a gorgeous Sampler!
Congratulations on an amazing finish!

Penny said...

Beautifully stitched, Jackie! I think I stitched this a long time ago. Probably rolled up is a drawer somewhere. :) Can't wait to see your knitting finish.

Ranae said...

Lovely finish

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the snake ....of course that had to be there. LOL

Oh those wiley snakes.

Karoline said...

Gorgeous finish, congratulations

Sally said...

Congratulations on a stunning finish Jackie :)

Barb said...

Looks great.....yea!! A finish!!