2. I've sewn up a block for Aneela Hoey who has been recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Chelsea over at Pins and Bobbins is organizing everything. You can read more about it here should you be so inclined to participate. It feels good to support someone in this small way.
3. Almost four weeks ago, my brother fell off a roof. Of a two story house. We're all so fortunate that he's going to be ok. He broke some bones in his forehead, his nose, both wrists, and a small bone in his arm near his wrist popped through the skin. He had surgery almost immediately and is doing so very well. The neurologist said he's lucky he landed face down. It was hard to be so far away - he lives in Texas. His wife and step son were so good about keeping me up to date and sending me photos, though the pictures were comforting (he's alive!) and hard to look at all at the same time.
4. My parents sold their little cabin in the mountains in April. I can understand why but I already miss it like crazy. I called it My Happy Place. I've been going up there for 25ish years and there are lots of good memories there with my kids and my husband. We found a place to rent when we go up there and our vacation in May, while far more luxurious, was bittersweet.
5. I am still working on the red and white quilt that was a BOM. I think this is month 10. These 12.5" blocks are actually part of one of the borders. I've got month 11 cut out. Getting close!
6. I'm so thankful for those of you who are still here. I know I've been quiet. I think sometimes we all need to take a step back and get centered again. I think I'm there or almost there!