I've slowly been working on assembling the rows on my Cotton Club quilt. It's been really slow going. A couple of weeks ago, I spent quite a bit of time in the sewing room and got my first row together. Pretty, huh? I decided to go ahead and get started on the second row which has different fabrics. Greg was sitting in the chair in my sewing room and we were chatting.
All of a sudden it dawned on me that I had assembled this entire row with one wrong fabric . I've circled the fabric that was placed incorrectly in the picture below. All of the light outside tan triangles should be chocolate brown. Generally, I roll with the punches when this kind of thing happens but this time, it really hurt. I couldn't breathe for a second which is a first for me. Poor Greg, he didn't know what had happened!
Turns out, I'd labeled this fabric as E but erased it and changed it to F. Unfortunately, I didn't erase thoroughly and from the angle I was working from that morning, my eye saw the E. Ugh! Thankfully, I felt like going back and ripping it all out about 30 minutes later.
Happy Monday and Happy Stitches!