Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dropping In....

I hope you all had a good weekend. My weekend wasn't exactly what was planned (lots of time in the sewing room) but it was better (good quality time with my husband).

I wanted to show you my latest bee block for one of my bee mates at the We Bee Learning Beginner Bee on Flickr. She requested the Log Cabin block with a black center and pink. My guess is that she'll be using black elsewhere in the quilt. I thought the light and dark pinks from Ruby worked well.
We Bee Learning Bee Block for Danielle
I also finished my Cotton Club blocks for last month. They're giving me fits this time around and I realized upon taking this picture that I need to rip the one out again - the middle right one. It's as a result of me determining that I didn't need to read the directions - I could just look at the pictures (and do a poor job of it at that)! The photo isn't great here but you get the idea. Oh yeah, the top block? Too small. Good times.
Cotton Club Blocks
I've pulled two projects out of my stitching kits and hope to start on one of them this week. Both of these efforts are related to the Theme-A-Licous theme for March - appropriately named March Madness! I also hope to pick up Anniversaries of the Heart sometimes soon. I'm at a point on a block that I'm not really enjoying and I just need to push through it.

I'd also like to invite all of you to visit The Azalea Sampler Guild and Friends blog where you'll see our group status on the Ann Dale SAL.

Wishing you all happy stitches!

26 comments:

Patty C. said...

I always love your quilt blocks - So pretty ;)

Annette-California said...

Your quilt blocks look so pretty. Oh my you have been very busy. Thank you so much for the link to your Guild - Ann Dale. Love it:)

Deb said...

I think your CC blocks look great, but I know that a couple of them were a little harder than the others. I think that block that you want to rip apart is the same one that I sewed wrong.

About the too small block - just put a piece of fabric around it to get it to the right size. I don't know if you're getting enough with your kits to do another block over. I'm going to end up doing that on a couple of my Farmer's Wife blocks because I honestly don't want to do them over. I guess it's all about improvising.

Your first block looks great. It's fun to see some pink in a quilt.

Deb said...

I think your CC blocks look great, but I know that a couple of them were a little harder than the others. I think that block that you want to rip apart is the same one that I sewed wrong.

About the too small block - just put a piece of fabric around it to get it to the right size. I don't know if you're getting enough with your kits to do another block over. I'm going to end up doing that on a couple of my Farmer's Wife blocks because I honestly don't want to do them over. I guess it's all about improvising.

Your first block looks great. It's fun to see some pink in a quilt.

Margaret said...

That log cabin block is pretty! Love the Cotton Club blocks. Too bad you have to do some ripping. I have to zip over and see everyone's progress on Ann Dale now. :D Thanks for the link!

Aunt 'Reen said...

What a lovely log cabin block - the fabrics are so sweet! I think your Cotton Club blocks look GREAT.
How fun that you are doing the Ann Dale stitchery as a SAL! The design is wonderful for this piece!

Anonymous said...

Love the blocks! OH and must mention love the header quilt!!!

Annie said...

Love the pinks in that Log Cabin block. I just bought a couple of fat quarters today in similar shades.

I give up. What's wrong with the middle right block?

krayolakris said...

Jackie I love all your quilt blocks!!

Unknown said...

your blocks look great......

Barb said...

Your blocks look wonderful!

merumo said...

Fun block! I love following your cotton club quilt progress. Not only the color of the fabrics, each block looks so yummy :)

Catherine said...

I love that first block!!
Your other blocks look great too!

Isabelle said...

I love your new blok and you did a great work in your workroom this Sunday:-)
I wish you a lovely week,
Isa

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your quilt blocks look great. Thanks for the link to the Ann Dale samplers in progress.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Beautiful colors !!!
have a good time

Sally said...

Your blocks are beautiful Jackie.

Nicola said...

I just love the colours and patterns in the Log Cabin block.

Thank you for the link to the Ann Dale samplers. I have enjoyed looking at all the WIPs. I cant wait to start.

Mrs.Pickles said...

great looking blocks!

Lois said...

Such nice quilt blocks! Now I'm off to follow your link and see the Ann Dale SAL progress.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great blocks and your log cabin Ruby with the black is so neat! That is the first time I've seen Ruby with black....perfect!

Dani - tkdchick said...

I think the true beauty of quilting is the experimenting done with fabrics, colours, patterns, etc!

Michele said...

Lovely blocks, as always! Too bad about the one being too small. I've been there.

Carolyn NC said...

Quality time is DH is always a winner! Love the quilt blocks. :)

ruthsplace said...

The log cabin block is lovely! I adore the fabric choices

Micki said...

Your blocks are beautiful! I decided to stop by and glad that I did...I can see that you are keeping yourself busy. Joe and I are moving into a much bigger house in June, so we are super busy.
Micki