Monday, October 13, 2008

How I spent Columbus Day

I started with this: And ended up with this:
Clearly, I'm not neat. In fact, this photo is very kind.
I'm taking my first quilt class at The Olde Green Cupboard. My quilt is called Between Friends, a simple easy pattern from a book called Happy Hour. No borders. You start with very large blocks that you cut down. You can make another quilt with the scraps or a table runner. I think I'm going to make the table runner. My instructor, Carol, is very patient and explains things so very well! I'm definitely already addicted!
Lots of other very exciting crafty things going on this weekend but I'm going to save that for another post. I still have some pictures yet to take.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! I unfortunately had to work a bit.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Love love love the fabrics for your first quilt! Glad to hear the first class went so well and that you're already addicted! LOL! Have fun

Debbie said...

My first and favorite quilt teacher's name was Carol. Looking forward to seeing your first quilt.

Bea said...

Yay! I love quilting. I'm glad you are enjoying your class so much!

raederle said...

I try to quilt, I have to have my mom help me choose colors. She has the knack for understanding light, medium and dark values despite color differences. I'm stuck on knitting, but can't wait to see your finished quilt.