Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sound of Silence

Is anyone still out there?  I didn't mean to be gone so long.  Truth be told, I thought about blogging almost every weekend but never seemed to put the thought into action.  But I did this weekend!

Just because I've been gone does not mean I haven't been stitching, knitting or sewing.  I have been!  Working on finding my sewing mojo which seemed to disappear year before last.  Knitting some here and there.  I'm having numbness/tingling/pain in my hands and knitting aggravates it the worst.  I have been doing more stitching than anything and today I wanted to update you on my progress on Shores of Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings.  This has been a focus project for me this year as it is on my WIP Challenge list with my EGA chapter (our Facebook page is here) and I have the maximum pledge placed.  September of 2013 was my last blog post about this project. It's time to get this one finished!

This block was a pretty quick stitch for me.  I outlined the house first so when I needed mindless stitching, I was prepped for it.  I really like the trees on this one too.
Untitled
Super fast though there is a counting mistake somewhere in the bottle.  Can you find it?  Me either!
Untitled

We don't talk about how many times I stitched that row of fish.  Four.  Counting is not overrated.  And yes, it would have been obvious that there was a problem.  I would have left it as it was if not.
Untitled
 Probably my least favorite block, though I do love the butterflies.  To me it looks like a peacock on a piling in the water.  A peacock!  
Untitled
And this is the block that sloooooowed it all way down.  The dreaded double bock with only a few colors and lots of big blocks of stitching.  In hindsight, I should have just started another block and worked on it like you do a border - a little bit here and there and eventually it would get done.  You can see more of the entire project in this picture as well.   I have just one block left!  It's the one to the right of the ship.  It's another densely stitched block and is in many of the same colors as the ship.  I just couldn't face it right after the big block so I decided to leave it for last.  You can see a peek off to the right of my start and there isn't much more done than what you see.  
Untitled
I have had two starts this year too.  Both of them are EGA chapter Stitch-a-Longs.  One I started in January and the other I started last weekend.  I'll save them for another post since I don't have pictures one of them yet.

Even though I haven't posted here on the blog (I have been posting here and there on my Instagram page), I am still reading your blogs and you continue to inspire me every single day!    I can't tell you how much I appreciate that.  Wishing you all happy stitches!


21 comments:

tonyamay said...

Beautiful as always. Looks perfect. Love all the bright colors.

Susan said...

Great to see pictures of all oft our blocks in one post! IG is great, but it makes it hard to see progress. Will I see this finished next weekend?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the ship's sails. They are gorgeous.

Maybe if you took the top things off the "peacock", it would look more like a seagull. I don't think the block really needs them to be balanced.

This is a really beautiful project.

Margaret said...

It's looking so good! It's a bummer about your hands with the knitting though. Hope that stops sometime soon. Instagram is so much easier, isn't it?

Annette-California said...

Hrh shores is stunning Jackie! You've done great! So sorry about your hand. Hope it will heal then you can knit again. I must say seeing your progress is much better than on IG because we can see more details.
Love Annette

Brigitte said...

So nice to see you again posting on your blog. And you come back with lots and lots of progress on such a beautiful piece. Quite obviously your stitching mojo is back :) And you will soon finish this Hawk Run Hollow piece.
I hope that the pain in your hand will calm down and disappear completely.

Jeannine520 said...

Beautiful stitching Jackie, love seeing your SoHRH progress.

Marilyn said...

Great progress on Shores.
Almost done!
Marilyn

ruthsplace said...

Wonderful to hear from you and gorgeous stitching. I had very good success with acupuncture for numbness in my hands. I hope you can find a solution.

Mariela Alethia said...

Beautiful stitching. Sorry to hear about your hand.

Cindy's Stitching said...

The shores is looking great. Hope the numbNess and tingling gets better.

Vickie said...

wOw! Don't stop now Jackie! That double block is sooooo gorgeous.
I am sorry about the numbness/tingling/pain. I have that also in my left hip. BIG. FAT. BUMMER isn't it?! I am on Lyrica and gabapentin which help.

Robin in Virginia said...

You have made awesome progress on your Shores piece! Go Jackie! Enjoy the new week and stay cool!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Lovely stitching!

Marie said...

Hi, have missed your blogging but I see you have been rather busy. Your needlework is so beautiful. I really was glad to see you stopped by my blog.I got the machine set up yesterday so now to learn it, it is so big. Ray and I used to do a lot of craft fairs and our old machine was a very used one when we bought it and it was all we could get a the time and loved every minute doing it, and have missed it so much. I really feel complete now and ready to try again for fun and grins! Hope you get your quilting mo-jo back as your work is so nice. Have a beautiful day and hope to hear from you soon. Many hugs, Marie

Carol said...

It is just so good to see this in-depth post on your Shores WIP, Jackie. I do love this one so much and am happy that you're really moving along so well on it. Are you using DMC for this one? I have only done Christmas at HRH, but really want to do Autumn and the original one some day. I just need to take a deep breath and begin, I suppose :)

Hope your hand feels better soon. Perhaps giving it a rest from knitting will help... Stay cool now! Don't know how you manage summers in FL!!

valerie said...

Wow! Amazing progress on Shores! It looks fantastic and I'm sure you're glad to be in the home stretch now. I think I really need to get on Instagram. My blogging desire has waned but I'm still stitching! Hope your hand starts to feel better soon. Can't wait to see what projects you've started. Take care!

Barb said...

Love your stitching....lots and lots of work.

krayolakris said...

Great to see your post with all the pics of that beautiful sampler!

woolwoman said...

Jackie - I didn't realize you were having numbness in your hands - I hope you've had that checked out ? Shores is amazing! I have the pleasure of watching it grow. It takes dedication and determination to get those big samplers done. I know because I never do get them done LOL ! You have 5 mos to finish that last block - you can do it !
I was thinking the other day I sure hope you hadn't quit blogging. Cheers for getting it done ! Mel

Anonymous said...

Wow :) Your sampler is stunning. It will be a cherished family heirloom for generations.