As I mentioned in my prior post, I've spent some time in my sewing room! Trying to get over the sewing dry spell. I haven't completed a Farmers Wife block in a while and I found myself reaching for the book and working on this block. It was enjoyable!
These next two blocks are from the 2nd or 3rd quilt that I started and are also from a quilting class I took (2009). It was a beginners class but there are y seams and other higher skilled piecing in this class. So in hindsight, I had no business being in that class. I've gone back and fixed/improved/repaired as many of them as I can. They were awful. Two are beyond redemption. The remaining blocks are still not great but they are better. One thing I know for sure is that my skills HAVE improved since I took this class. Today I would work harder to get it right vs. getting it done. This project is also one of my 19 WIPs that I'm trying to whittle down. I've decided to not make the quilt as big as originally intended because I didn't want to make any more blocks. Considering I've not been sewing one would think this would be the last project I'd reach for to work on. Oddly enough, it was really satisfying!
I've since appliqued the arcs down and replaced the corner triangles on this one.
Please excuse the poor lighting and scorched pressing mat.
For now, this one is put away for a bit. I got a quilt back that I put in to be quilted earlier in the year and I'll be working on the binding! The quilting is amazing and I'm hopeful that I'll be sharing it with you soon! In the meantime - happy stitches to you all!