Monday, December 23, 2013

From a Friend

So sorry to have been absent from blogland for the past few weeks.  The short holiday prep season has kept us busy.  

I was so touched a week or so ago to receive a surprise in the mail from Annette at California Stitcher.  If you don't know Annette, she is such a sweetie and very creative.

When I opened up the package I was seriously tickled to see the tag "Joy" that she made.  Last month, she posted about her and her sister making these.  I fell in love with them. This one is currently residing on my tree and I'll think of Annette every time I see it.

DSC_0054
Inside were a bunch of goodies to include a handmade card - again seriously gorgeous!
DSC_0058
And a beautiful needlebook that I'm currently using.
DSC_0061
I love the little special bits inside!
DSC_0064
The patchwork back is simply darling!
DSC_0066
Thank you Annette!  I really appreciate and value our friendship!

Here is a rather washed out picture of the placemats I sent my brother.  The colors are much more saturated.  His home is full of earth tones so they'll work for them.  I've already heard from him (I just tied a ribbon around them) and he mentioned that they must have taken a lot of thread.  That tells me that he really did look at them and think about them being made for him.  I quilted straight lines 1/2" apart so they would hold up well to frequent washing.
DSC_0067

Wishing you all a safe and happy holiday!  As 2013 closes, I want to let you all know how much your  visits, your comments, your creativity and your friendship means to me.  I am inspired by you daily.  I never expected to form friendships when I began this little venture.  It's been an unexpected and  very appreciated gift.  Looking forward to 2014! 

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

The placemats are beautiful! I love the colors and patterns --- classic.

Lanie said...

What wonderful gifts you received!
And the placemats you made for your brother are beautiful ... it must warm you heart that he appreciates them so much.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Barb said...

What a fun package!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Tammy said...

What a wonderful surprise to receive. That Joy ornament is beautiful as is the needle case. Your placemats are awesome, so glad your brother liked them. Merry Christmas!!

Annette-California said...

You are most welcomed Jackie! Oh my the placemats you made for your brother are beatuiful. And lots of time spent making them, I can see from the photos. How sweet of him to notice all the work that went into them. Your labor of love for your brother was recognized even by him.
Merry Christmas sweet friend,
love Annette

valerie said...

Merry Christmas Jackie! Love the placemats you made for your brother and what pretty gifts from Annette.

ruthsplace said...

The placemats are lovely. I also never expected to make the friendships I have through blogging. Thank you for your friendship :)

Vickie said...

Annette is such a sweet, dear friend.
What a lovely gift for your brother. I am glad he appreciates his gift. My own brothers, I am not too sure about!?

Margaret said...

What a sweet gift from Annette! And the placemats -- so pretty! You did a such great with them! lol about your brother's comment. Lots of thread. lol! Have a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy your days off!

Annie said...

How sweet! Such fun to receive a lovely useful surprise stichy gift. Love the placemat. That comment sounds like the remarks my brother makes sometimes. He has talked about the good deals he got on some paintings based on the size and amount of paint! Have a very happy holiday!

Andrea said...

The placemats are wonderful, love the colours you chose.

Have a very Happy Christmas.

Penny said...

What wonderful gifts from Annette! Love the placemats you made - very pretty! Merry Christmas to you and your family! :)

krayolakris said...

It's all about the friendships! Love the JOY and other gifts. Your placemats turned out great! Merry Christmas!

Giovanna said...

What a sweet package from Annette. Merry Christmas!

Mouse said...

Merry Christmas to you too and love those place mats ... gorgeous colours :)
and the wee needlebook is cute :) nice gifts you got too :) love mouse xxxxxx

Ellen said...

Annette is a real sweetheart. Hope you can meet her in person.

Hope you and your family have had a joyous Christmas

FlourishingPalms said...

How nice that a friend surprised you with such a sweet gift. It's so nice when that happens to someone who deserves it, as you do. What a nice person Annette must be. And so are you! What a thoughtful gift for your brother. Really nice place mats, Jackie. You've reminded me that I need to make some for our table too. Have a wonderful 2014, full of stitch-y and sew-y things, and making great memories.

Catherine said...

Sweet goodies ~ that needlebook is adorable! Love the placemats too ~ great colors!

Susan said...

What a nice gift from Annette! The placemats are lovely. Do I see some French General fabrics in them? Here's hoping we will get to meet in person again in 2014.

Shelleen said...

What a great gift to receive. Your brother is lucky to get those placemats, you did a great job on them.

Anne said...

Very sweet of Annette to send you such a pretty gift!!Love your placemats! They are perfect. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!

Melanie said...

What a sweet, sweet gift from Annette! The placements are awesome, too. I love that kind of patchwork stuff. They *almost* look like the rugs I have down in my living/dining areas.
Hope you had a nice holiday!! :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift from Annette. And I think your placemats are beautiful - love those soft, warm colors!

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely gift from Annette. And oh, these placemats for your brother are just gorgeous. I love the colours and fabrics you used, and the quilted straight lines really do the trick, they are a great addition to the pattern.
Have a wonderful start into 2014!

Karoline said...

The placemats are gorgeous & what a lovely gift from Annette.

I hope you've had a great Christmas

Carol said...

Oh, those placemats are gorgeous, Jackie!! Really little works of art :)

And what a sweet gift from Annette--the needlebook is lovely :)

Wishing you every happiness in the new year :)

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Beautiful gifts and tag, so thoughtful. Love the placemats too. xo

Sally said...

Beautiful gifts and I love your placemats.

Happy New Year!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Happy New Year Jackie! I love, love those placemats for your brother. How stunning! And what a sweet and thoughtful gift! Hot chocolate too...now I'm thinking I need some of that here tonight! LOL!

Marie said...

Happy New Year Jackie to you and your family .I love being able to read your blog and see all the wonderful things you do. Have a wonderful week. Many hugs, Marie