I've had a finish! And it's an absolute miracle because I honestly thought this would end up as a bonfire project. I first blogged about this project in June. The tiny flying geese (1 1/8" x 1 3/4" unfinished) sat on my sewing table every day since then. I'd move them around a little and then look at the trash can and then move them around a bit more. Flying geese and I aren't on the best of terms - I just haven't found my go to method of getting them pieced accurately. Working with tiny ones certainly didn't hide that flaw. While packing up for retreat, I decided to take them with me and I spent the good part of a day assembling this little quilt top. Here is my humility project in all it's glory! I've since wet it down and blocked it so it looks better and the chalk lines are out.
Just to give you an idea at how small these flying geese finish -
Some points are cut off and some don't come to the edge like they should. But when I look at it, I see something that I accomplished, something I didn't let get the best of me and even something I've learned from. I see something to aspire to and hopefully something that will one day demonstrate progress in my skill set because I'll have improved. So much from a tiny little project!