Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Generosity of Bloggers

I only made one Farmers Wife block this week. I'm not happy with my fabric selection so I'll probably make it again. I need to get some more solids in my stash - I'll hopefully work on that in the next couple of weeks.
Farmers Wife QAL - BatWing
Bat Wing

My last two Cotton Club blocks have been made too. They are not wonky in real life - I went back and checked! Twice!
Month 2 - Cotton Club
A couple of weeks ago, I saw this lovely fabric in a couple of places within blog land and fell in love with it. I left a comment at Blue Elephant Stitches and Jolene ended up gifting me a yard. What a sweetie she is! Do stop by her blog and say hello - she is a beautiful modern quilter.
DSC04049
Then I won a give away from Mary Catharine at Warmth in the North who had just returned from Sewing Summit.
DSC04050
And included was......a Kona Color Card! I've been really wanting one of these! Thank you Mary-Catharine!
DSC04053
As you can see, it was a good mail week!

I still haven't blocked my shawl and I'll probably have a wrap finish within the month of November. I'm working on the next Anniversaries of the Heart block and took a stitching class but my camera battery was dead. I was very disappointed about that. I hope to get a beanie knit up for Jake soon too. What are you working on?

25 comments:

Barb said...

Beautiful fabrics and wins...lucky you!

Millie said...

Beautiful blocks and enjoy your great winning gift.

Suburban Stitcher said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! i love your farmers wife blocks...and with ruby? they will be gorgeous! i also have the anniversaries of the heart series started...it's so lovely :)

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh I covet your Kona color card! Just this week I wanted to order some Kona solids (no one but Joann's sells it in this area and the choices are very limited) but didn't trust that my computer screen was accurately showing me what I want. What a perfect giveaway win! You've been very lucky lately. Good for you!

Simone de Klerk said...

What a fun week for you!!! I love the Kona color card. It helps me a lot.
And I must agree, I don't really like the match of the fabrics in the first block either. Are you going to change it or leave it for what it is?
Happy week!

Lois said...

What lovely goodies have arrived in your mailbox lately!

Pat said...

The mailman has sure been good to you....LOL I've never seen that Kona color card...looks very helpful! Your blocks turned out very nice.

Annie said...

Your blocks look great...so perfect!

And aren't you lucky to receive so many things you really wanted! Enjoy your haul and have a happy Halloween.

Catherine said...

Love the colors in all of your blocks!!
Whoo-hoo! Great goodies in the mail!
Happy Halloween!

Kats Studio said...

I have the opposite problem, not enough prints. I love the colors you are using. Congrats on your gifts!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

very beautiful,
ave a good time

Carolyn NC said...

Love the blocks - and what fun to go to the mailbox!

Vicki H. said...

Lovely blocks!! I need the Kona color chart , I hope to order it this week.
Gota ask-how did you put the handle on the basket of the FW quilt? My bias tube method lead to really disasterous results. More tomorrow.


Nice win!

Thelma said...

I've had to make a couple of Farmers Wife blocks again after choosing poorly on my initial fabric choice. Someone told me to wait until they were all done before redoing any, that maybe the offenders would grow on me, but I couldn't stand to look at them.

Congratulations on your haul, all I've been getting in the mail is catalogs, too many to count, my postman must hate me, but really, I don't know why I get so many!

I've never heard of that Kona card, but I need one.

Sally said...

Your blocks are lovely Jackie. Gorgeous colours.

Congratulations on your wonderful wins:)

Melanie said...

Oooo, great stuff!
I can see that color card coming in SUPER handy.

Brigitte said...

Oh, such loevly goodies and blocks. Doing the Farmer's Wife blocks must be very exciting. I once was thinking about joining as well but then postponed that idea to a later date. But I won't forget it.

Krispian said...

The wonky-ness may be related to an optical illusion. I wonder if it is possible to quiclt and optical illusion?

Mylene said...

Your blocks looks lovely and such great goodies received. Enjoy!

quiltingnana said...

I know what you mean about needing solids...I need light colors

Dani - tkdchick said...

I do think the batwing block cries for something solid.

What awesome gifts from fellow bloggers! It is a great community!

Lori said...

I'm with you on the gray fabric. I've not seen that before and love it. I've been working on projects that I really shouldn't be but just feel like I have to get them done. I should however, being working on Christmas projects instead. m:(

Siobhán said...

Fantastic fabric--love the blocks! Great wins, too. Lucky you! :)

Teresa said...

Nice things on your blog today. I love that grey fabric print - you don't often see grey in the background.

Kim D. said...

Nice blocks and what a nice haul, the Color chart would be wonderful! Congrats!