Monday, February 7, 2011

A Quick Visit and Tis Red

I have a small ornament finish to show you. Well....the stitching is finished. This is Tis Red from the JCS Christmas 2010 Edition. Stitched with the called for fabric and fiber. Now I just need to learn how to finish finish it! That's a goal of mine for 2011. One I want to be sure to meet so stay tuned!
DSC03641
A week or so ago, I had the pleasure to meet one of my blogging friends Pat from A Little of This and a Little of Pat. I met Pat for lunch and she brought along her friend Nancy. Both were just a delight. As you can see, we had a warm sunny day - over 70 degrees. I commented on Pat's blog that it's been rainy and gray since she left Florida and that it must not be a coincidence. Pat is just that sweet and nice!
DSC01918
I've picked up Jenny Bean Halloween again and hope to have a progress picture for you soon. I've also been working on my Jo Morton Prairie Basket. I've gotten almost all the quilting done. I'm unsure what to do in one of the borders though. It's 3 inches. I stippled around the basket, did cross hatching in the 1" squares and am stumped now. I might just go ahead and sew on the binding and see if I get inspired later. This project is one of my 2011 goals as well.

How is everyone doing on their 2011 goals? I'm surprised that I've even paid them the least bit of attention! Maybe there is something to writing them down?

Happy Monday and Happy Stitches!

26 comments:

Pat said...

I really enjoyed our lunch and wish we could have visited for a longer period of time. BUT......getting to meet even for a short time was wonderful!!! Love that stitching you did on the ornament.....please be sure to show us when it's all finished, too.

Tammy said...

Beautiful stitchery - you always do such beautiful work!! So cool that you got to meet a blogging friend. How absolutely fun to talk in person. I hope to meet some people I follow someday too. And the gorgeous weather - could you send me your sunshine, I think it would really help me about now. Winter blahs are for the birds I tell ya.

Michele said...

Hi Jackie! Are we in Seattle? I think so....this is a lot of rain!! Love your ornament :) Beautiful work!!

Annie said...

Pretty stitching! And boy that sunshine looks inviting.

Nancy said...

This pretty red stitching will make such a nice ornament! Thanks for the sunshine on a very cloudy day! Enjoy all your projects.

Beth said...

Love the colors in your ornament! Can't wait to see how you finish it!

Barb said...

It is so fun to meet blogging friends....makes it all seem real. Glad you two had a great time.

Carol said...

What fun to meet a blogging friend in real life, Jackie. Please, please send some of that sun north--I am so tired of the gray and cloudy days.

Love your little piece--good luck with your finish!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What fun to meet up with friends :) I'm hopeful that I'll get to do that some day soon myself!
Love the finish and you are going to finish it no problems. Confidence my girl! :)

Julia said...

Your cross stitching is as perfect as all your other types of stitching!
How much fun to actually get together with a blogger friend. Perhaps one day I will get to meet you.

Margaret said...

Beautiful ornament! With all your quilting and sewing experience, finishing should be no problem for you. Looking forward to seeing your quilt! Glad you had a fun day with friends!

Anonymous said...

Love your stitching, scarf, and swag. Wow, meeting a blogging friend sounds amazing. I am looking forward now to seeing your finished ornament.

Littlebit said...

Jackie, that's just beautiful, and of course you know I love that RED! I can hardly wait to see Jenny Bean and your quilt!

I'm sticking right to my 2011 goals and so far, so good!

Patty C. said...

I like your Tis Red - Awesome :)

Carolyn NC said...

TR is so cute - love the colors! And so neat to meet a blogging buddy!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun meeting fellow bloggers?
Looks like a good time was had by all.

RED is beautiful. Don't forget to post when you get it finished. I'm always looking for new finishing ideas.

Isabelle said...

Hi Jackie, that is a nice stitching and I am sure you'll do a great finish with it . I am glad you spent such a sunny and pleasant day with your friends .
Have a nice day,
Isa

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I think writing down our WIPs is a great way to keep on track. It feels great when you can cross an item off a list. Maybe I should write up another list because I have been wandering from project to project again and not getting much accomplished.

Sally said...

Tis Red is beautiful Jackie :)

How lovely to meet up with a blogging friend :)

Melanie said...

The red is rad! :)

Sue said...

Pretty stitching. I don't know how to finish anything either, lol.

Lois said...

Sweet ornament. I do love red in Christmas ornaments. Nice pic of the two of you. Look at that lovely sunny day. It's been wet and dismal here the last few days. Looking forward to seeing your progress on Jenny Bean Halloween and your Jo Morton Prairie Basket.

Mylene said...

Good to hear you had fun meeting up with another blogger.

The ornament is so cute. I love the colour you have used.

Micki said...

Your ornament design is gorgeous. Glad that you got to meet a blogger.
Micki

Simone de Klerk said...

Lucky you, to meet a blogging friend! And how special, that that day was so sunny and nice and warm.
Lovely ornament finish.

Siobhán said...

I love that red! Great job!

Lucky you, meeting up with a blogging buddy! Sounds like a great time!