Sunday, May 10, 2009

Family Time!

Happy Mothers Day! I hope each of you are being celebrated! G arranged for the 4 of us to have a nice lunch on the Intercoastal Waterway at a local restaurant. The service was very slow (not only is it Mothers Day but TPC is nearby) but that was ok. It's hard for the 4 of us to get together all at the same time so we had a nice long time to chat. Here's a picture of my boys.from today (no pics on the water as too many hot girls around). C is moving out this fall so it's going to be even harder for the 4 of us to get together at once. I'm enjoying it while I can! They're both neat people (though very different) and it's fun to spend time with them. Even though they're not babies or little boys any longer, hearing them laugh is still my favorite thing to hear!
I had a bit of time so I worked on my paper piecing project. The borders look wonkier than they actually are. This is only my second border experience. You can see where I used scissors (instead of measuring and using the rotary cutter) on the top right. I'll even it up when I put on the binding. This is a fun project. I should have, however, reread the instructions as I didn't shorten the stitch length last weekend when I worked on the last 3 paper pieced hearts. It makes a difference when it comes time to take the paper off the back of the block!

Lesson Learned: When you've put a project away for a time; pull out the instructions and read them as if you were just starting. Don't rely on your memory!
Last year when I first started knitting, I came across a blog post with a scarf made out of a beautiful yarn. The scarf was way too hard for me but I went ahead and ordered the yarn and purchased the book that had the scarf in it. I had the yarn with me last weekend and just had to take another picture of it. This gorgeousness just can't sit in my yarn cabinet any longer! It's time to become that scarf!
I hope that you all get to do exactly what you want to do today! Happy Mothers Day!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day! It doesn't matter how old they get, they're still our babies!
Love the hearts, and that yarn is beautiful! I can't wait to see the scarf!

Debbie said...

Your day sounded as wonderful as mine. I'm glad you enjoyed your day. Your sons look so lovable and fun :)

Love your quilted hearts and the yarn is gorgeous.Perfect color for you.

Beth said...

Happy Mothers Day! Although mine is only 3, I already see how quickly they grow up....

Lovely hearts!

Barb said...

You have some wonderful sons there...glad you had a good time with them.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! It sounds like you had a fun day. I love the heart quilt. It came out really nice. The yarn is gorgeous and the photo really shows it off.

Unknown said...

Nice heart block!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good Mummy's Day!

Also - hot kids you've got there! If I was single and lived nearby I'd be emailing you asking for a setup! LOL

Ruth's Place said...

The heart block is lovely, and I can't wait to see that yarn transform into a scarf.

Candace said...

Jackie - I envy you those wonderful coastal restaurants - lump crab, soft crab - yum - we don't get that here in the PNW at all! Your boys are two very handsome fellows! Sounds like you had a terrific day. Oh that yarn is scrumptious!
Cheers!

Emily Cole said...

Good luck on that scarf! I love your quilt blocks - they look so crisp and clean!

Teresa said...

Hmmm...they look about the right age for my daughter. LOL...she would kill me if she saw this post. I love the hearts - nice job.

Juryizstillout said...

My oldest turned 24 on me this past week, but I really enjoy his company when he has the time.